I know that $100-200 isn't going to get a top-notch machine... but my girlfriend is just starting a heavy weight-loss program, and we need an in-house machine that she can use to get started on a regular cardio program.

Comfort, stability and ease of use are the priorities. I know you don't get a great computer/routine system for this price... I'm just looking for a starter system. And I'm a nutrition-expert by trade, so I have her on the right diet to accomplish the job... no nutrition advice is needed.

In 6 months or so we'll upgrade to a new bike if she's staying on the routine and happy with it... but I don't have $400 to invest in a top-notch bike that she might potentially use for 2 weeks then stop (plus we're moving out-of-state in 2-3 months, so moving a professional bike is not possible). We both want to make sure she's going to stick with the program before investing that kind of money.

I've looked up reviews and narrowed my choices a bit... but does anyone have a specific piece of equipment they've purchased/used before and had good success with?

Spam websites will not be clicked at all or looked at... don't waste your time.

Thank you in advance for those who read this, and even more thanks to those who can help!
I appreciate offers of programs and videos and such... but I am a professional nutrition expert and amateur weight-lifter. We know where to find routines... in fact she already has 2 cardio routines she currently rotates. The bike is only to supplement those routines.

We have children, and she's looking for SPECIFICALLY for a stationary bike... something that she can use immediately in the mornings while the children are eating breakfast and watching cartoons, so that she doesn't have to confiscate the television (or hide in a separate room) to perform her workout. Something she will feel comfortable using in front of other people at first.

The generic "use this routine, it will change your world!" information is not of any use for me... I'm very specifically looking for advice on a piece of equipment.

It's important to her to find a morning exercise that won't ruin her children's morning routines as well... videos are simply not the answer.

Thank you though!