Hi, I have PS3 and Have a problem with the Quick Mask mode. When I apply a gradient, say to the sky on a landscape, in QM mode, that area (the sky) gets colored in red as the NON-selected area on my image. If I click on the Quick Mask icon to get the « marching ants » framing the selection, I notice that the selected area is in fact the part where I didn’t apply the gradient. Then, if I go to Selection>Invert, I do get the top of my image selected, but it’s not the right size, obviously, since it’s the size of what was not selected in the first place, only inverted. Then if I try to apply curves to that selected area, the applied gradient effect goes beyond the selected area, which means it’s the size of what I had selected to begin with, but there is no graduated effect, the whole selected area is uniformly affected. Help !
PS : I did try using the option red is the selected area by clicking the QM icon, but then it’s the same problem : the bottom of my image becomes red and is then ‘selected’, while I want the top of the photo selected.