Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    wakeskate chick

what are some games to play with the campers?

i help out at a horse backriding barn with campers. and i need some help thinking of games to play with them. it needs to be fun,learn about horses or tack, and needs to get there attention. help.

Aisley M
    There is Horse, Horse, Pony. It is like duck duck goose. Except you can either play it where they say horses names from the barn and then a ponys name: example: Bailey (horse), Spirit (horse), Cheif (horse), Josie (pony)!
    Or you can do it by saying horse breeds then a pony breed. Example: Standardbred, thoroughbred, paint, pinto, Connemara (pony)! Thats all I know. Hope this helped. Good Luck!

Bella Bear
    Alrighty lesse, I have a few things:

Tack Up Race:
    This is simple. The first to tack up their horse (properly) wins- this will definitely get the campers more experienced at tacking up, plus, tacking up isn't exactly the greatest event, but in with a game they will have the motivation of competition

Egg and spoon/Water and cup:
    This is a great game for the riders to learn balance. For the egg and spoon, you give each camper an egg and a spoon (duh) and shout out commands (walk, trot, canter, halt) whoever drops the egg last wins.

Water and cup is very similar. Each person gets a cup filled with water to the top and shout out commands. After a while, call everyone to come together and compare the amount of water spilt from the cups- whoever has the most water wins.

Hold the Whip:
    This is a great game for making better friends between riders. Two campers are grouped into pairs and given one whip. The game is to hold the whip between the partners while having to follow commands. The last group still holding onto the whip together wins
    (of course, the horses must be friendly with one another since this requires them to be moving side by side)

Equivia:
    This isn't a riding game, but a great game to play while taking a break or eating lunch or something. It's an extremely fun trivia game about horses, tack, events, everyhing!

Musical Horses:
    Get a radio, crank up the music and set up some poles. The game is exactly like musical chairs except the riders are on horses and the chairs are poles. When the music stops, the riders must get to a pole and hold it. The person who is left pole-less is out and so on.

Overall these games are SO much fun and I'm sure you and the campers will enjoy them a lot.
    I hope this helped!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information