We have a two year old boxer that has had several deep wounds over the last year. Naturally I would assume they are from something that had pierced through the skin from the outside since we live out in the country and she is an outdoor dog. But then I thought wouldn't the thing that pierced through her skin her still be stuck in the wound? The wounds are very deep. They are so deep you can see her insides. She mainly gets them around her stomach and her underbelly region.The one she has now is located around her ribcage. She has had worms frequently as well as Ring Worm. Could Heart Worms be the cause this kind of wound?
The first wound was ringworm. The second time and this wound looked like something sharp had punctured the skin, like a sharp branch of a Yucca tree.
I am educated in the medical field. I used to work at Scrpps Clinic for two primary care physicians. (I do not need to pay dearly to a vet, when I am perfectly capable myself.)
We have not had any serious problems with healing these wounds in the past and I am quite confident this one will heal just as well.
I was out of town for a week when she acquired this latest wound
My daughter seems to think these wounds started from the inside, working out to the surface of the skin..
Many times our children need to hear it from someone else before they understand and accept what a parent is trying to convey.
So I agreed to put this to a question on Yahoo
I have no idea why I am even explaining our situation or my medical capabilities.
Thank you everyone for any and all educated answers.