Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Alissa B

Is 16 too young to backpack across England?

it's my life's goal to explore England and Scotland and I really don't want to wait any longer. I'm extremely mature for my age (I chose to be homeschooled because the drama of high school was getting irritating). Has anyone ever done this, price estimate? I figured England is alot safer than backpacking across all of Europe. Any tips and advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Oh, I understand completely. I know as a girl I'm more as risk for sexual assualt and "other things". I am planning on bringing someone with me, I just don't know who yet.

Sydney
    Alone?

Being a girl, you have to think about your safety. I've backpacked all over Europe, but ALWAYS with a buddy. ALWAYS

NeoNerd
    Well, in the UK, you're a legal adult at 16, meaning that you can book hotel rooms and so on. You can't drink, or drive, but there's no legal impediment to your trip.

It'll cost you a lot of money though - the flights plus food and accomodation are expensive. It's no more safe than most of Western Europe, but the whole language thing is going to be easier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information