Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    *!Brook!*

what are these fish called?

THIS GUY FROM NEXT-DOOR GAVE US SOME NATIVE FISH FOR OUR POND, HE SAID THEY WHERE CALLED RADS BUT I CANT FIND ANY INFO ON THEM AT ALL NOT EVAN A PICTURE. IS RADS A NICK NAME OR SOMETHING? I NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN GIVE THESE GUYS A GOOD CHANCE OF SURVIVING IN THE POND.
    IM ALSO WORRIED THAT THE WATER TEMP WILL BE TO UP AND DOWN AS THE SUN HITS IT HALF THE DAY?

ps: sorry bout the Caps on forgot about it
    so i guess you havent herd of them at all, they are grey and long thats all i know they swim way to fast to see them properly and i wasnt home when they where put in
    I have just tryed EVERYTHING possable to catch them, i evan tryed lewaring them with some blood worms but its a no show. thanx for responding to my question sorry i couldnt give you any more info. i think they will be fine anyways.

Terry P
    Sorry but you are going to have to give a little more information. Where are you located? A description and or photo would be nice. What you should do is try to catch one from the pond and give a good description. What are the ray counts on the various fins? How many scale rows are there? What is the color? Eye color? How is the mouth oriented? All of these things will help to identify the species accurately. As far as the water temperatures, I wouldn't be overly worried. If they truly are and endemic species, then they should be fine, unless your pond is exceptionally shallow; which would cause it to be much more susceptible to fluctuations in temperature.

liz
    If you told us what they like we might be able to help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information