Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    here_4_1_day

I want a 10 gallon fish tank in my room, but my parents say that it isnt

sanitary and is bad for your health? Is this true?

Hi my name is: ANIMAL
    There is nothing unsanitary about having a fish tank in your room. I have multiple lining along one wall from 10 gallons to 125 gallons and I am never sick.

Patrick V
    maybe your parents dont want you to have a fish tank in your room for their own reasons .... ask them if you can keep one somewhere else in the house ..... and if that doesnt work, keep on their case every few days for as long as it takes... maybe they will realize you really want one...get a few fish books and become familiar with some of the things that will give them a que that it is important to you.....start drawing pictures of fish and talk to your mom and dad when they take a look...when you go to a mall take them into a fish place and introduce them to how really neat they are.......good luck.....

tikitiki
    No. With the explosion in popularity in people keeping fish tanks over the last few years, if it was unsafe, it'd be all over CNN

John Z
    Yeah, both Tiki and fish man are right about this. There is absolutely nothing unhealthy or dirty about fish tanks. (and Communist News Network would make sure everyone knew if there was) Watching fish is definitely a stress reliever. Not to mention, sanitarywise I'd much rather do water changes then have a dog sleep on me and lick my face and the likes.

fish man
    well i have 5 aquariums in my room
    ranging from axolotls to tadpoles, garden snails and fish

and i am fine

i think a dog sleeping on the end of your bed is probably more unsanitary and tons of dogs do that.

if anything its good for your health because watching fish is a proven stress reliever

EDIT: ianab i agree with you 100%
    (like the persil TV ads say) dirt is good
    a general cleaning spray is probably more harmful to your health than a fishtank

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information