Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    p.dragunas

Ebay Scam for Mazda RX8?????

Hi, so i found a Mazda RX8 on autotrader. It turns out its in Montana and the guy is selling it on ebay. Do you think this is a scam or no?

emails:

Hey,
    I am selling this car because my unit will be sent back to Iraq.I have no use for the car anyway,due to my job.The price is low because I need to sell it before Oct 25th. The car is in great condition and runs great. I have a clean title ready to be signed. The car has no electrical or mechanical problems.It is still available for sale if interested, price as stated in the ad.The car is in Billings, MT; in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Hey,
    Thank for your reply.Yes the price is $4700.I will ship it with DAS. I think I can have it there in 5-7 working days. I will take care of the shipping charges as I told you in my first email. It will come with a clear title and reg. I am a member of the eBay buyer protection program and using this service you will get a 3 days testing period after delivery. During that 3 days testing period I will not be getting any money. I need to know if you are interested so I can ask eBay to send you the details on this deal. If interested please include in your next email your contact info for eBay (name, address and phone number), so we can get the ball rolling.
    Thanks,
    Martin

SKYPILOT
    SCAM!!! Definite scam. There is no eBay buyer protection program.You state it is listed in the Auto Trader but will be handled through eBay. That says it is a SCAM. Ebay does not broker deals "off-site". There is no car. You would send the money and it along with the "seller" would disappear. Any car sold with free shipping is also a scam. If you were to say you knew someone in Billings that could inspect it, they would come up with an excuse why it could not happen.

Terry C.
    I guess I missed key points in the letter before...Looks like the guy that wrote the letter is acting totally separate from Ebay...so, something does seem fishy...

Don't try to buy this...It does sound like a guy who listed on Ebay is trying to go outside the rules of Ebay to sucker you into something...

StudMuffin
    i think its a scam, i recieved the EXACT same email, like EXACT, to the letter, same email for a bmw m5 which as it turns out is also located in billings, MT. You can work the guy a little more if you want but i wouldnt provide him any of the info hes asking for, say u wanna see the car before u pay for it and say u want the car fedex'd or something with a tracking number, see what he says. I think its a scam so treat it as such until your positive its legit deal.

kelly_f_1999
    if its selling on ebay then you have to place bids on ebay and thats the only way it works you cant use ebay unless you list any items to sell you cant make deals off of ebay to sell any item... that is a scam..

listen if you want a car you must be able to see it and check it and drive it then... theres no reason to go out of town unless its a few miles never buy a car or a house you cant see or touch.. before money never buy for something you cant hold first its just not smart ..

great days with you
    Abroad scams especially ones carried out in Nigeria are known as the 419 Scams - beware of them. I dont trust this email though.

I'm hearing more and more issues about car selling scams from both buyers and sellers alike on eBay.

this site http://www.sellit-right.com/index.php?a=28&b=141 has some info on how to be shopping/buying and selling smart online and offline.

Sa_San
    I wouldn't trust buying a car off of e-bay.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information