Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

at&t people: is the $30 a month for data on the iphone and motorola backflip

actually worth it? so i don't upgrade till november but i'm just curious, is it worth the $30 a month for data on those phones that require it? and how fast is it? because i only pay $10 a month for it on my pantech matrix and its rather slow [[and i'm almost always in full coverage, i dunno if its my phone or just how the mobile web is]]

because i'm honestly thinking about getting a motorola backflip [[maybe doing an early upgrade or just paying the flat out $350 for it no-committment]] but i do not want to pay $20 more a month! the bill is already enough as it is! would it all be possible to buy the phone for $350 and then just pop in my sim card from my pantech matrix without telling at&t so they dont switch my account over?

thanks!!

p.s. does anyone know if the keyboard on the backflip is comfortable for texting [size and texture wise]?
    i wouldnt got with verizon if someone PAID me, i hate that company

i've had multiple services of theirs, and i hate them all. besides, my family has been with at&t since like 2001, theyre not going to switch. if i would switch to anywhere it would be t-mobile, but they dont have great coverage in my area.
    blahh im sorry that sounded rude on my part, i just saw verizon and i kinda flipped. lol. sorryyy

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the person who said to go with Verizon because AT&Ts internet is SLOW!
    I have a Verizon Dare with the basic internet ($10/month) and I can outsurf my friends iphones anyday. It takes their stuff FOREVER to download or open or send, when Im done in a matter of a few seconds. Im about to get the Droid Eris with the $30 internet plan and I know that it will totally kill AT&T..
    From what Ive seen and done on my friends phones compared to a different carrier the $30 is not worth it at all, especially if you travel. We go on trips a lot and with their AT&T they can't even get a single bar five miles out of a large town, I on the other hand has only been barless once...and that was in a cave, a mile underground.

The iPhone doesnt have a sim slot also.

***Well I tried. :P

Go with Verizon or T-mobile. AT&T is not the best company-the slow internet is one of the biggest complaints of them! Also, the iPhone 4G which is coming out this summer is going to be for Verizon Wireless because Apples contract with AT&T will end this summer. Verizon Wireless internet is quite fast truth be known. Just my opinion. The ONLY thing that at&t has really going for them is that they have all of the phones you can even think of, and the roll over feature where your unused minutes run over into the next month. Have a good weekend!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with the person who said to go with Verizon because AT&Ts internet is SLOW!
    I have a Verizon Dare with the basic internet ($10/month) and I can outsurf my friends iphones anyday. It takes their stuff FOREVER to download or open or send, when Im done in a matter of a few seconds. Im about to get the Droid Eris with the $30 internet plan and I know that it will totally kill AT&T..
    From what Ive seen and done on my friends phones compared to a different carrier the $30 is not worth it at all, especially if you travel. We go on trips a lot and with their AT&T they can't even get a single bar five miles out of a large town, I on the other hand has only been barless once...and that was in a cave, a mile underground.

Go with Verizon or T-mobile. AT&T is not the best company-the slow internet is one of the biggest complaints of them! Also, the iPhone 4G which is coming out this summer is going to be for Verizon Wireless because Apples contract with AT&T will end this summer. Verizon Wireless internet is quite fast truth be known. Just my opinion. The ONLY thing that at&t has really going for them is that they have all of the phones you can even think of, and the roll over feature where your unused minutes run over into the next month. Have a good weekend!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information