Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boost is part of Sprint. Some will say it is actually part of Nextel that Sprint bought, in reality, 6 of 1, half dozen of another. Without getting too technical, Boost offers both CDMA and IDen type phones. The IDen network was acquired from the Nextel acquisition and supports the "push to talk/walkie-talkie" feature. The walkie-talkie feature is pretty much just that, it's a point to point communications just like a regular walkie-talkie. But, the receiving person must also have an IDen capable phone. This was a niche market that Nextel had. Years ago, I we (my company) had the push to talk Nextel phone. Was pretty neat in the beginning but the novelty wore off fairly quick and we just use the phones as cell phones. If you don't know anyone that has an IDen type phone from Sprint/Nextel/Boost, this feature would mean nothing to you. As far as the service, I have been pretty happy with it. I recently lost my job and used one of my kids MetroPCS phones. It worked okay but the area where I live didn't have good coverage from MetroPCS. I switched to Boost and have been very happy. I have the Blackberry and it actually works better than the Blackberry I had from my old job that was on AT&T.

As with any cell phone company, the coverage you get is probably the most important. Check the Boost web site and check out their coverage map. I found it to be pretty accurate for my area. I would suggest that you get a CDMA type phone/service through Boost. More coverage area (it's actually the Sprint coverage area) plus it's more current technology. Hope this helps.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question about Boost Mobile?

If you have used it what is/was your expeirence? I am very intriuged as it is a lot cheaper than other companies prepaid plans. And they seam to have a decent selection of phones. Also, what is the walkie-talkie feature?! Please explaine this to me. I mean isn't it just plain old mobile to mobile calling? Any other thought or suggestions would be great!

Thanks! :]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boost is part of Sprint. Some will say it is actually part of Nextel that Sprint bought, in reality, 6 of 1, half dozen of another. Without getting too technical, Boost offers both CDMA and IDen type phones. The IDen network was acquired from the Nextel acquisition and supports the "push to talk/walkie-talkie" feature. The walkie-talkie feature is pretty much just that, it's a point to point communications just like a regular walkie-talkie. But, the receiving person must also have an IDen capable phone. This was a niche market that Nextel had. Years ago, I we (my company) had the push to talk Nextel phone. Was pretty neat in the beginning but the novelty wore off fairly quick and we just use the phones as cell phones. If you don't know anyone that has an IDen type phone from Sprint/Nextel/Boost, this feature would mean nothing to you. As far as the service, I have been pretty happy with it. I recently lost my job and used one of my kids MetroPCS phones. It worked okay but the area where I live didn't have good coverage from MetroPCS. I switched to Boost and have been very happy. I have the Blackberry and it actually works better than the Blackberry I had from my old job that was on AT&T.

As with any cell phone company, the coverage you get is probably the most important. Check the Boost web site and check out their coverage map. I found it to be pretty accurate for my area. I would suggest that you get a CDMA type phone/service through Boost. More coverage area (it's actually the Sprint coverage area) plus it's more current technology. Hope this helps.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information