Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's interesting that you feel this way. Some of the top western theologians are saying something very close to this. N.T. Wright, for example, has compared many western ideas with the eastern ones and realized we have things wrong. I don't think eastern orthodox is God's "holy church" because all of us believers are the holy church. If you would really like to share your views with others, I highly recommend you read and point them to N.T. Wright. They will understand your point much more.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can Western Christians find the fullness of Christ's saving grace outside of the...

...Holy Orthodox Church? I used to be Protestant. I read my Bible diligently. Yet somehow I still had an emptiness inside me; like I am hearing God's word and I am not experience God. It was causing me anxiety. Then I discovered the Eastern Orthodox Church. It was like discovering God's kingdom on earth. The Holy Church maintains the Traditions and Mysteries and Liturgies as was practiced from the first generations of Christians since time of the Apostles themselves! The fullness of God's gift of salvation is here. Truly I feel that Christians in the West will feel complete if they discovered Orthodox Christianity.

I'm sure they can. I have been in some protestant churches that were full of the spirit of God. I don;t know if really was the spirit of God, but they were full of something!

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but "traditions, mysteries and liturgies" were not exercised in the "first church" at all. The book of Acts talks about the first church, after Jesus ascended to heaven, and what they did was get together, worship Him and read scripture.

If you like your new church, that's nice. But God is not found in a particular denomination. His word can be taught anywhere, if it is taught in truth and love, honestly, openly, reverently, and without compromise.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information