Over the weekend, I finally decided to replace my wallet. My previous wallet was so old that I can’t remember when I bought it. It’s held up well, but it was time for a change. When it comes to wallet shopping, I always head to TJ Maxx or Marshalls, as they always have a big (but somewhat random) collection of nice wallets for cheap. This time around, I found a really nice bi-fold leather wallet for ten bucks. Not too shabby. In fact, I liked it so much that I bought two.
And now, some recent articles that caught my eye…
Cap asked his readers if they learned anything about personal finance in school. Interestingly, 83% said no.
SVB took a look at how the presidential candidates would affect your pocketbook.
Jim put together a collection of the best CD rates at national banks. On a related note, I noticed that PenFed is currently offering 5% APY for 3, 4, 5, and 7 year CDs.
Lazy Man talked about the worst gifts he’s ever gotten.
Flexo talked about his recent experiences try to “buy the dips” in the stock market. In short, it hasn’t worked very well.
MBH came up with ten different ways to visualize $10 trillion, which is the the current size of the national debt.
Finally, Mrs. Micah put together a brief overview of asset allocation. Check it out. It’s a good read, especially given the recent market turmoil.
---
Related Articles at fivecentnickel.com:

</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>