i have a newsagent shop in village on lease and my landlord lives upstairs. The elecricity meter is in my shop which supplies to landlord upstairs and my shop. In dec 2009, british gas sent a letter to landlord for contract for 2 years with day unit charge of 22p!!!! but the landlord ignored the letter so i was enrolled into paying 22p day unit charge for 2 years for my shop and the landlord as the meter is in my shop. Slowly the bills started increasing so much that i was just unable to keep up as due to the contract, i was paying nearly 3 times the normal day unit charge so roughly £1500 quarterly, before contract it was around £600 but as it was a contract i had to pay otherwise they would disconnect the supply so i kept on paying but towards the end of 1st year of contract, the bills were going to £2000 so i had to borrow from my friends etc and had lots of family arguments and stress due to this and the business already being very slow but british gas declined to help reduce the unit charge knowing i am struggling like hell as the landlord who also used the electricity never paid. Then after many calls british gas halfed the unit charge to 11p which i thought was fair even no where near the average business unit charge but then what they did was unbelievable, they enrolled me into another contract even when i was told that the contract with 11p unit charge will end on original contract date of 2 years from dec 2009 but those selfish people added 1 year contract from the date of when 11p unit charge started and when i contacted them, they say you were told this and we sent you a copy of contract, but as usual no contract copy was sent to me or landlord and they totally breach the law which mostly helps selfish compaines like british gas.

So i wanted to know is there any way to cancel contract as british gas have completely ruined my life with family problems, money shortage and so much stress. The business is so slow due to less demand for newspapers and online news increase and i have tried lasting all i can till end of 2 year contract but as i said they increase the contract by 6 more months of carnage. And when i contact british gas for help on arranging payment plan, they say pay in full or disconnection. No help at all knowing they scam millions of pounds from small businesses.

Any advice on cancelling the contract with british gas business will be very helpful as i have contacted consumer direct and everyone i can think of but no help at all as i dont blame them, i blame these selfish loosers, british gas business. I even received a warrant notification for them to enter my premises and disconnect supply if not paid for 3 months use at £2200 but i phoned them and said i have paid half that amount and i will pay the rest today straight away but then they say no we want amount from the next bill as well but hold on the warrant letter asks for £2200 and with proof, i have paid half and i will pay them the rest straight away but they say no you need to pay other amounts as well which is not in the warrant letter.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!