Over the last two weeks, I’ve started really experimenting with our crock pot, trying out different crazy ideas just to see how they work. Here are two we’ve found that are really easy and quite tasty.
Beef Burgundy Two pounds of beef stew meat, 4 ounces of mushrooms (fresh or canned), two cups of milk, a half cup of chicken broth, a half-teaspoonful of corn starch, and a cup of red wine. Put it on low for eight hours. Serve it over egg noodles.
Italian Chicken Three chicken breasts, a packet of Italian salad dressing seasoning, a teaspoon of melted butter, and a cup of water. Throw it in on low for six or eight hours. Right when you get home, add half a cup of milk, half a cup of chicken broth (or stock), and a package of Philadelphia cream cheese, stir it, and let it cook for another hour or two. Serve it over rice.
Both of these were excellent and very easy!
Once-a-Month Shopping: Save More by Shopping Less This works well if you have good storage space and don’t mind a lot of prepackaging. (@ get rich slowly)
A Good Home Inspection Is Worth the Money This is a spectacular example of why a home inspection is worth the cash. (@ gather little by little)
Is Cash Still King? I think cash will always be a safe investment. Dollars in a savings account or a CD might not get huge returns, but it’s very liquid and safe. (@ frugal dad)
Making Your Own Household Cleaners I tend to use baking soda and vinegar to clean a lot of things around the house. (@ money saving mom)
8 Nifty Tips for Getting the Most from an All-You-Can-Eat Buffet I actually found this post to be quite funny. It actually reminded me of the rare occasions when I was a kid and my parents would take the whole family to a buffet. “No lunch today, we’re hitting the buffet for supper!” (@ wise bread)
How to Control Pre-Baby Clutter The best tip? Go minimal at first. Trust me - I’ve had two babies at home in the last three years. You’re better off having less at first and then getting what you need than having everything and not needing most of it. Plus, it’s way cheaper. (@ unclutterer)
</img>
</img> </img> </img> </img> </img>
</img>