Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    ADRIANNE

i need to change the fuel gauge on a ford Taurus 1989 station wagon. any ideas? ?

i just bought a ford Taurus station wagon from a private party without first trying out the car and i am now noticing some problems on the car.

first of all, the fuel tank gauge does not work at all. is there anyone who is able to assist me in showing me how to fix it?

also, the steering wheel starts shaking (noticeably) as soon as i hit 40 mph. i think its the CV boots, but i am not sure. any ideas?

lastly, the headlights are really dim. any suggestions on how to replace them??

thanks a lot. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

sinead
    the fuel guage sender needs replacing, not too big a job

take the car to a tyre shop and have the wheels balanced

headlights might only need bulb replacements again not a big job

good luck

Eric O
    UR crazy. Good luck.

Kenneth C
    Well your fuel gauge issue will probably be an expensive fix. Usually when the guage doesn't work its because there is a floater inside the tank that for some reason gave out. It is usually pretty expensive to fix because you have to drop the fuel tank and cut it open. My suggestion would be to leave it as is and just use your trip odometer to give you an idea of when you need to refuel.
    As for the shaking at 40mph that usually is just the tires needing to be balanced. I would take it to a tire shop where they can balance it for you. It shouldnt cost you more than a few bucks to have that done. If tire balancing doesnt work then you can explore more possible reasons for it but its probably the tires out of balance. As for the headlights being dim you would just have to change out the bulbs. They should be pretty easy to change. Lift the hood and you should be able to pull the bulbs out through the back of the lights. Or you can always drive with the brights on. Good luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information