Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with medela swing breast pump?

I brought this pump and tried using it but no milk comes out, am i doing something wrong? The pump is working but no milk???? Help

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well it all depends i am not sure how old you baby is but maybe the milk has not come in yet mine did not come in till my son was almost a week old. i could only get maybe an one oz a day for the first few days. just try to drink lots of water am sure you heard or read all the stuff online to help get milk to come in. just be Patience i know it so frustrating for me i felt like a horrible mom cause i cold not produce i had to stop at 4 month cause i dried up i tried everything i went back to 2 oz a day from breast milk till he was 7 month then he was all formula it really bothered me at first but then realized it out of my control and formula is just as healthy . also try the hand held ones the manual one seems to work better for me

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know how old your baby is but your milk might not be in yet; mine took 2 weeks to come in.

I used the medela and it worked fine; you have to hold it very close and tightly and make sure you use the stimulation button prior to the longer sucking button and it should come. Best way to know is by expressing milk by hand and not the pump. If you can express by hand and not the pump then I guess it indictates that the pump is not working or you may not using it correctly.

If you want to make sure you are doing it right or if you have any questions about it then speak to your midwife, that's what they are there for.

Good luck

V

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i have the same pump...
    i used it for a few months and then it slowed down significantly... try switching the plastic flap, ( the little white thing you get extra's when you buy the pump) i find these need replacing often cause they start to stick.... second make sure all the parts are put together properly and are nice and snug, this can also lead to it not working well. if this is your first time pumping it may take about 5-10 mins of trying to start milkflow- try turning up the suction and or speed this often helps
    good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information