Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the Akro exhaust and the PC III is a good start.....however you will need to take the bike to a certified Dyno tech and get your fuel/ air ratio professionally mapped.

Lose the factory wheels. You can drop additional lbs of weight which equal out to applied HP at the ground by switching to lighter wheels, like carbon fiber. You will have less un-sprung weight.

Change your gearing. Pick up a Super Sprox kit and change to a -1 +2 gearing. This will really bring the bike to life in the mid range which is were most of your street riding takes place.

This one is a little lessdesiredd, but make sure you have gear that fits snug and a helmet that isaerodynamicc. Work on your body positioning and how well you can get close to the bike in full tuck. The less of your body that is exposed, the less drag you have. Less co-efficient drag = faster bike

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What other mods I can add on my 07 Yamaha R1?

I have a 07 R1 with a few mods on it already consisting of a Akrapovic Full Exhaust Evo, ohlins steering dampener and rear suspension, PC3. I just want to know what else I can do to increase performance and HP in my bike. I've also have some carbon fiber in some of the fenders.
    I was thinking of putting velocity stacks on for some HP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not knocking your bike or your enthusiasm but having been there so to speak, it might be more cost effective to just up-grade to a better bike. All you spend on the current one is of little or no value if you come to exchange it, and, does your insurance company know about the mods? If not they could refuse you a claim if ' IT' happens!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not knocking your bike or your enthusiasm but having been there so to speak, it might be more cost effective to just up-grade to a better bike. All you spend on the current one is of little or no value if you come to exchange it, and, does your insurance company know about the mods? If not they could refuse you a claim if ' IT' happens!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well the Akro exhaust and the PC III is a good start.....however you will need to take the bike to a certified Dyno tech and get your fuel/ air ratio professionally mapped.

Lose the factory wheels. You can drop additional lbs of weight which equal out to applied HP at the ground by switching to lighter wheels, like carbon fiber. You will have less un-sprung weight.

Change your gearing. Pick up a Super Sprox kit and change to a -1 +2 gearing. This will really bring the bike to life in the mid range which is were most of your street riding takes place.

This one is a little lessdesiredd, but make sure you have gear that fits snug and a helmet that isaerodynamicc. Work on your body positioning and how well you can get close to the bike in full tuck. The less of your body that is exposed, the less drag you have. Less co-efficient drag = faster bike

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information