Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My advice for you is to stop and go see a professonal! I have seen hair turn to mush with lighteners,and I've seen hair fall out, so it I were you I would leave it to the professionals.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you really want to do it you should, but don't expect it to turn out perfect first time, and be ready for it to come out lighter than you think (it might not even go ginger).
    I prelightened my brown hair about 2 years ago and for some reason the roots turned out bleach blonde and the ends were a weird light brown! So be careful and make sure you apply it all at the same time, or time each section because say if you spend 10 mins doing the roots and then 10 on the ends, the roots will be blonde by the time you have finished applying.
    It will damage your hair as all dyes do, but it shouldn't fall out, especially if you are not prelightening all the way to blonde. Mine didn't fall out (and mine is very thin) so as long as you cut it and condition it regularly like you are planning to, it should be okay.

Good luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you really want to do it you should, but don't expect it to turn out perfect first time, and be ready for it to come out lighter than you think (it might not even go ginger).
    I prelightened my brown hair about 2 years ago and for some reason the roots turned out bleach blonde and the ends were a weird light brown! So be careful and make sure you apply it all at the same time, or time each section because say if you spend 10 mins doing the roots and then 10 on the ends, the roots will be blonde by the time you have finished applying.
    It will damage your hair as all dyes do, but it shouldn't fall out, especially if you are not prelightening all the way to blonde. Mine didn't fall out (and mine is very thin) so as long as you cut it and condition it regularly like you are planning to, it should be okay.

Good luck!

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

IN NEED OF PRE-LIGHTENER HELP FAST!?

i have dyed brown hair and it is a bit damaged at the ends from previous dyes.
    i'm planning on pre-lightening my hair on SATURDAY.
    i know it will go orange, that's sort of what i'm aiming for.
    i'm just scared because i don't want my hair to fall out!
    my hair is about 4 inches below my shoulders, i'm probably planning on getting 3 inches cut off of it anyway
    i've only just started using Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstruction Deep Conditioner this week and i plan on using this after i have pre-lightened my hair for a longgg time.
    i'm only pre-lightening my hair ONCE by the way, i do not want to be blonde!
    i also have thick hair.

SUGGESTIONS AND OPINIONS WELCOME!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information