Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Delinquent Verizon account affect my new prepaid account for Droid?

I have a Motorola Droid that my former fiance got me in a family plan. I kept it in the split but last I know, he owed money to Verizon on past due bills, it wouldn't surprise me if it were in collections. Bmy question is: I want to use this Droid as a prepaid Verizon account, will I encounter a problem associated with the serial numbers associated to the past due account? Will my prepaid activation go smoothly? Any answers much appreciated.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it will affect your prepaid services. If you were on a contract and your account was delinquent then the cell phone that was registered with Verizon during your contract through the ESN number can no longer be ever used again.

All Verizon cell phones are registered through a ESN number found on the inside of the cell phone behind the battery. Each cell phone has a different ESN number. So if your account was delingquent it is likely that Verizon has your cell phone model and ESN number and so you can never use that cell phone again.

If you tried activating that cell phone as a prepaid, Verizon will pull up the ESN number of the cell phone and they will realize that you had a delinquent account and will refuse to activate prepaid services for you. It would be better if you bought a new prepaid cell phone from Verizon.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doesnt matter- can't use a smartphone on prepaid for Verizon

as long as the account is in his name, you are ok, but if it is in your name, you need to quickly sort the mess out or else you have a storm brewing up. the phone is your property and you can leave it at home while you open the account.

as long as the account is in his name, you are ok, but if it is in your name, you need to quickly sort the mess out or else you have a storm brewing up. the phone is your property and you can leave it at home while you open the account.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information