Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

me and my mum have problems reselling our jeep ..... 10pts?

hi, to keep it short and simple.
    My mum bought a jeep from a auction, 5 months later she decides to resell it as we seem to have run out of money and selling this jeep is our only hope :P
    But every time we try to sell people keep saying: "The car is recorded as a CAT C insurance total loss.You were supposed to say that.I have no interest in the car anymore." Or "I checked out your car, its not HPi clear at all and has been category C insurance write off."
    But it cant be stolen or something cause a auctioneer wouldn't sell stolen cars, whats the meaning of this, I don't think we can return it, they haven't warned us about anything like this.

Thanks

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The vehicle has been totalled by a insurance company,most likly because it would cost them more to fix it then what it's worth. It's not illegal to resell these vehicle, someone has bought the vehicle and fixed it back up . When this has been done it should have a salvage title . They should have told you that it has a salvaged title when they sold it. If you know that it has been in a wreck in have to tell any one that's wanting to buy it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A Cat C insurance loss is not a stolen car -

Category C - possible structural damage but the vehicle is repairable. The cost of the damage would have been more than the book value of the car if that repairs were carried out at garage prices and official manufacturers parts.

thats why people wont buy the jeep - the cost of the repairs will be more than the cost of the jeep

You carn't blaim the auctioneer for it either , the jeep was sold as seen and it would have been your responsiblity to check the jeep out before bidding.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Would YOU buy a car that had been in an accident and written off?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A Cat C insurance loss is not a stolen car -

Category C - possible structural damage but the vehicle is repairable. The cost of the damage would have been more than the book value of the car if that repairs were carried out at garage prices and official manufacturers parts.

thats why people wont buy the jeep - the cost of the repairs will be more than the cost of the jeep

You carn't blaim the auctioneer for it either , the jeep was sold as seen and it would have been your responsiblity to check the jeep out before bidding.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information