Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    You don't need anything special for a set-up that size. P2 12"s are 250w each so you don't need more than 500-600w rms to run the subs to their limit. Alt/batt/cap etc would be unnecessary.

You will want at least an 8 awg amp kit, 4 awg would probably be the wise way to go since it will cover any amp within reason, and probably leave quite a bit of room for a 2nd or larger amp in the future.

P2's are available as either 2 or 4 ohm dual voice coils. Which one you choose will depend on the amp you want.
    It seems logical that something like the prime r500-1 would be of interest. It will give you 500w rms at 2 ohms which would power a pair of P2's perfectly. In order to get 500w out of that amp you need a final impedance of 2 ohms. In that case you would want the dual 2 ohm subs. They would offer wiring options of 1/2, 2 or 8 ohms. If you go with the dual 4's your wiring options would be 1, 4 or 16 ohms.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to setup 2 Rockford Fosgate p2 subwoofers?

I am looking into buying 2 rockford fosgate 12" p2 subwoofers for a used car I am buying when I move. I'm 17 and haven't had a lot of experience in cars yet so I need some help knowing what I need for this particular setup. What I do know is that I will need an amp, sealed box, gauge cables, and things like that. What I am not sure of is if I will need a high output alternator, battery upgrade,*
    A capacitor, so on. Please let me know any special things I will need. Any answers will work just be sure to list what Components I'll need along with their output. Thanks for any help!*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information