Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

(ASAP HELP!) A sculpture is 7.00 m tall and has its CG located h = 2.8 m above the

center of its base? A sculpture is 7.00 m tall and has its CG located h = 2.8 m above the center of its base. The base is a square with a side of d = 11.4 m. To what angle ? can the sculpture be tipped before it falls over?
    ? = °

please answer i keep getting the wrong answer..please asap..thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Edited below

Try to follow the figures I'm describing. I drew an isosceles triangle, base 11.4, height 2.8. Then I dropped a line from the top straight down to the base so there are 2 right triangles. With the bottom side 5.7 and the side perpendicular to that 2.8. Put your trig skills to work and find the angle between the 5.7 side and the hypotenuse.

Now take one of those right triangles and tip it so the hypo9tenuse is vertical. That's the limit to how far it can be tipped before it topples. So, the amount you tipped your figure is the angle you found above.

Oooops!! After getting some sleep I sat down at the computer, saw the figures I sketched last night, and realized I told you wrong. Call the angle you found above theta. You have to tip it 90-theta to get the hypotenuse vertical..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information