Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "God" says nothing, humans invented (not created because then something would exist) gods as an unquestionable authority. The Christian god was made up in whole cloth.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Christians, I seek vindication and/or edification, can you help me?

In the Bible God says the only way to him is through belief in his son Jesus Christ, right? And it also says God is love, right? So is the Bible saying the only way to love, to be loved, to know love, is through belief in Jesus Christ? If so, do you believe Christians have a monopoly on love? If not, what am I missing here?
    To Zera: Saying God is love is not the same as saying roses are red and my syllogism was not complete until I coupled the scripture God is love with the scripture stating you must come through Jesus to get to God. In mathematical (logical) terms the word "is" is synonomous with the symbol = (equals). You also insulted me by telling me your 5 year old could figure it out, I believe you are implying that I have less intelligence than your 5 year old. I'll let the facts speak on my behalf.
    To Matthew: You told me that I missed the point and made up my own opinions and that they are wrong but you don't tell me why I am wrong. You're missing the question and answer format of this community completely. To be honest, I have sinned, and I continue to sin. Some of my sins are things as simple as having a lack of faith in some people. Let's say that I do ask for forgiveness for my sins. I will always be guilty of those sins for as long as I live because I'm not perfect and will never be perfect. I don't really have to have my sins paid off and feel like they never happened. My sins are mine. I take responsibility for them. I do my best and change wherever possible. I don't necessarily want or even believe in everlasting life. I just want to love and be loved. Don't need everlasting life. Please answer the question next time.
    To Thankube: Thank you for your perspective. If what you have told me is Bibically based then I can see my self being thankful for a God like Jesus Christ. I believe you to be saying that because Jesus cleansed us from sin we have all been given the gift of love. It's still confusing for me though and have more questions than I started with.
    To Sojurn: Thank you for your help! I WAS missing that, and it touched me in a deep and profound way! It did not answer my question entirely but I now have a better more complete understanding of what it is to be a Christian. I wish you well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information