Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Steffy
    Nope, sorry I just don't believe in conspiracy theory's. If something like that was ever proved to be true imagine the trouble it would cause, especially only being Toyota's 2nd year in NASCAR. The lawsuits alone may bankrupt them, I just don't see NASCAR throwing races

JM #1
    Yes, they are. They can do anything they want as long as NASCAR fans don't question it. If you ask these sort of things people will jump all over you, I guess they can't stand to think outside their little box and see that it might exist.

tom p
    In some ways yes, in others no.

They are a private organization, so they could (think WWF) tell them to chunk it up a bit to gather interest. Then suddenly have "mechanical" problems. Either play our way, or we are taking our tracks and leaving....(sound like someone we all know?)

But I doubt it. There are too many people doing interviews to not have someone say something.

Good conspiracy theory though.

Tina
    It sounds like you might have read my answer on another question. When I posted the remark that an official, employee, or representative said from Toyota said that NASCAR wants them to win but only by so much ... it was a video that I saw coming straight from the guys mouth. I can't find the story and by no means am I trying to start a conspiracy but that came from a person from Toyota himself. I just repeated it.

Now if Toyota feels like NASCAR may be wanting them to tone it down then there has to be a reason. The guy would not have made that statement if he felt like there wasn't something to it. All of this that I am referring to is the deal where Toyota's team (and I'll leave names out for the purpose of keeping the peace right now) was busted for the magnet under the gas pedal to alter the outcome of the dyno test.

Even though that incident is not related directly to the championship it is indeed a sign that NASCAR doesn't want a team to dominate the whole season (keeping the playing field level). With that said then it could be possible that NASCAR might have wanted Toyota to back off, or maybe NASCAR was on to a bigger scandal and Gibbs and Toyota felt like it might be wise to back off. Regardless of the case they have not ran the same since the chase started.

You can put the pieces together and draw the conclusion that it may be possible BUT the truth will never be directly know.

Lenny D
    I don't believe they are............

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information