My boyfriend was in a motorcycle accident a little over a week ago. The road took a chunk out of his ankle about the size of a half-dollar. So, I guess this is a burn? Anyway, I've been washing it out with saline and wrapping it with gauze and Tefla (the doctors told me this was the best way to keep bacteria from getting in) while we wait for the hospital to schedule a follow up. He decided to go back to work and has to walk a little more than I'd like him to. The surrounding area has become more red and his foot has swollen very badly. He has also been complaining of it hurting worse, but I keep telling him that his body is getting used to the pain killers that they have him on. Could it just be that it's irritated? It's not draining any pus or discharging anything different than it has been since we got back... The skin hasn't gone necrotic, but the tissue around his tendons is starting to grey a bit. Is that necrosis or is it just healing up normally? I'm kind of worrying because there's only so much I can do until we get an appointment with the General Surgeon for a skin graft.
Thanks a ton. =)