Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Tom Macintosh

Cartoon drawings to repersent synthesis, decomposition, single and double replacement?

I need to make pictures of cartoon examples of things like:
    Synthesis: water + chicken = chicken soup
    I need help on ideas for synthesis, decomposition, single and double replacement.

Fungyi

Cartoon drawings to repersent synthesis, decomposition, single and double replacement?

When I did this project in 1st Year Drawing, we did it under the general name of "Transformation Drawings", but I think it applies to what you're doing. We had an American eagle ~decomposing~ into a Swastica in 6 stages, or flower turning into a house in 4...something like that.

For myself, i drew someone ripping his chest open, and the small intestines and skeletons ~became~ the white stripes of those fictatious prison clothes, with the arteries and large intestines becoming the black stripes, and the heart becoming a plaque with the name of the crime. This ~decomposition~ was drawn ~cartoon-style~ in 6 stages, that is one separate drawing per ~frame~, with a total of 6 frames, with the frames in the middle being the ~synthesis~ of a set of entrails+prison clothing. Give me your e-mail if you want to see a thumb of my project (i hope i still have it)

If you want a nice effect with single or double replacement (esp~ double replacement), you'll want things that are vastly different from each other for a dramatic effect. Your chicken + water is a good example, because a pile of liquid looks nothing like a chicken, yet if you were able to make a smooth transition, or a transformation, that relates the two, it would look quite spectacular. However, if you're doing this for an art class, try not to do something so cliche. I actually love cliches, but I know for a fact that non-cliches score higher marks. Anyway, so with you chicken soup, for a smooth transition, I imagine that you can either draw both the chicken and water SEPARATELY turning into a single chicken soup (3+3+1 frames), or JUST the chicken turning into water, which then turns into chicken soup (4+4 frames), or both the chicken and water TOGETHER turning into chicken soup (4-6 frames).

Other ideas:

oil barrels + 747airplanes = Iraq flag
    a woman + a black veil = election booth
    dinosaur bones + crucifix and its beads both decompose into famous words of knowledge in a book
    a butterfly => a beautiful painting <= a nebula
    musical insruments => paint strokes; art supplies => music notes
    a semi-trailer ~assembling~ into a giant robot...

(and so forth...) Try to mix some profound themes in there. Hope that helped; thanks for reading

Sabrina4736

i did that too. are you in san antonio, tx. NEISD district, ?? cuz if you are, thats really cool

this is what i did though

a glass of orange juice = glass + orange juice

lenses + frame = sunglasses

bomb+ match = BOOM

mike + jay and pat = jay + mike and pat

apple and bananas + caremel and chocolate = apple and caremel + bananas and chocolate

hope it helped

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information