Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    mar1o

MP3 your Ringtones for the W580i

hellllloooo

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kevin, follow the instructions, you shouldn't have a problem. If you read them, it states NOT to put them into any particular folder. The Explorer folder will show your memory card and the phone memory. Don't put them into either or, just put your .dm file under those folders. The phone will holla at you asking you were to put this. Put it with what ever option it gives you. Then once your done and have disconnected the phone, go find that file and then place it in the "Ringtones" folder in your phone memory. It's that easy.

Holla if you have more questions.

dleddy

Sorry for going so far back in time, but I have the same problem as 'singingtiger19' ["Could not create a DRM subfolder in the original content folder!"]. I have installed and uninstalled multiple times on both Vista and XP systems (using DRM Packager 1.35). I have found no reference to this problem anywhere else. I can't even get to the real meat of this process. I have tried having the original content in avariety of places including right on desktop, In all cases, I am the Administrator for the OS. I have tracked down and deleted application data, program data and files in the "Program Files" folder before reinstalling. Has anyone else seen and resolved this problem?

Notfaceeh

thanks?

Joanas

Sorry, what I meant was it says the "file(s) protected successfully", but the file doesn't show up in the folder I directed it to. Does anyone know where the problem is? Thanks!

ramp8506

I have att and have had NO problem making and using ringtons for my g/f's phone. I used the instructions that were first posted

I opened the mp3 in sony sound forge and cut it down to 30 sec
    saved to a 128 bitrate mp3 format
    used the drm and set it up as posted by dalton
    bluetoothed it over to the phone and it worked.

spiders

Hi i am just confused. Can anyone explain explain the right steps for downloding MP3 ringtones for W580i?

babaganoush123

thats cool stuff

i wouldent mind useing it

wickenheiser22

Ok. So I have the ringtone on my phone. I have it in the Ring Tunes folder. I can only play the damn thing. When I go to "MORE", it tells me "cannot set this file as a Ring Tune"
    I thought I did all of the DRM stuff correctly. It's a ringtone...downloaded as a ringtone...it's tiny...Now, please be aware I have NO understanding of computers so use small kitten sized words here ok. :blush:
    However, when I did the DRM thing....I couldn't actually cut and paste the tune. So I got annoyed and just dragged the file from my desktop onto my phone directly (in phone mode) and it went onto the phone where it sits in my ringtunes folder mocking me. :flamemad: Now what? I'm as red as my friggin phone.
    Also..how do I know if it's a wav thing?? Or is that what the DRM thing changes it to?? Anyone??

moviehopper

Wow-that was really helpful guys-thanks!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information