Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    DjRags

w580i Ringtones and DRM

If you have a newer Mac would you not be able to just bluetooth it across?

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

w580i Ringtones and DRM

Well, I got it to pull up at my work computer, I converted a file, moved it over as described above, and it still won't let me use it as a ringtone
    Do you know what size of file works best? Do you have a preferred way to make a mp3 shorter?

eman6628

w580i Ringtones and DRM

After DRMing the file, it should create a file with the same name but with a extension ".dm" instead of ".mp3" and yes it should have a lock box as the file icon, then you should connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable and select phone mode on the phone. Use the file manager ("right click" on the Ericsson icon in the task tray and select file manager). Double click the phone icon in the file manager. You will see 2 folders in the newly opend window. Drag & drop the DRMed file into the empty area and NOT the folders. Once transfer is done the phone will prompt you for what you want the file to be used as, you then can select the file as ringtone.

Skoot22

w580i Ringtones and DRM

ok i give up

Skoot22

w580i Ringtones and DRM

Well today i restored my computer and re-did everything and i still cant get an icon to pop up in tha task bar. There is one there but it is for safely removing the phone. I even tried it with the phone off and still no luck, or at least i dont think so. At least this time it brought up an icone but it was for the mass storage device. Well any help is appreciated. Thanks in Advance. ~ Scott

bdawg123

w580i Ringtones and DRM

What settings does the DRM Packager need to be set at? Also, does the file size matter or is there a max? Thanks.

eman6628

w580i Ringtones and DRM

hummm... how big (minutes) is the mp3 you are trying to make into ringtone? Anyways, you can try "Ringtone Gold". It allows you trim potion of a MP3.

asteroid1710

w580i Ringtones and DRM

I checked, and it is modified to .dm file not .mp3. I didn't drop in into the files, just into the empty space and I received the popup as to what I would like to use it for but the problem now is that it won't let me select ringtone or contact ringtone. I don't know whats wrong with it. On my desktop, I also can't play the file too because I don't have the program to play it with. Could this be the problem? I was wondering, after I drop the file off, it says on my phone that its receiving the file. After its received, it says that it has been stored in the music folder on the memory stick, is this right?

adrenna

w580i Ringtones and DRM

Hey guys!

I just got the Sony Ericsson W580i, and I've been wanting to set my OWN files as ringtones. It isn't working out so hot because it says that it "cannot set these files as ringtones". I'm sure there's a way to do it because I've read here that some people have gotten it to work. I'm so confused and frustrated right now. If anybody has any help, PLEASE please help me (:

I read some help that has been given to others, but I don't understand it.
    Where do I find the DRM settings?
    Do I have to install the 'Disc to Phone' cd?

Extremely Confused,
    Adrenna ):

jOmO182

w580i Ringtones and DRM

hi im having trouble with transfering my files over to my phone im not sure if there DRM protected right or not . Because i am not able to transfer them to my phone at all. have also tried just regular mp3 and it well just not transfer in phone mode or any files besides them then my connection is lost . I am putting it in the blank space under my phone with the two folders.

any help be would apreciated

thanx.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information