Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    eman6628

w580i Ringtones and DRM

Did you drag & drop the file into the blank area? Also can you find the file you transferred to the phone using the phone's file manager afterwards? And where (directory) is the file found?

wandy

w580i Ringtones and DRM

Hi:

n00b here. I have been trying for a few days now to make my own mp3 ringtone that will work. Done lots of reading and searching. I really don't want to do the unbranding thing (Rogers).

What I am hunting for is the option configuration setup info for a w580i in the DRM Packager. In particular:

DRM method setting
    Download descriptions settings
    Config options for forward lock and combined delivery

If anyone has a w580i and successfully got their own ringtone to work, I would appreciate their settings and audio file type. I can transfer the file to the phone and can play it from the music file. When I try to set it as a ringtone, it says "cannot set as a ring tune"

Also, is there any limitation of file size for a ringtone, and what format is best? I have tried mp3's and wma.

I think my problem is the config settings in DRM Packager.

Thanks

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

w580i Ringtones and DRM

I have created the .dm file, but I don't have the file manager that everyone has referred to. Was there some software you all got when you got the phone? I didn't see anything on the dev site. The only way I can see the phone on my computer is when I select file transfer. If I select phone, my computer doesn't seem to recognize it.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

w580i Ringtones and DRM

The ringtone gold I downloaded from download.com only lets you create 5-second clips unless you buy the complete version. I'm going to try Audacity when I get home, unless you have any other suggestions.
    Good news is that the 5-second clip did work

>Mike

eman6628

w580i Ringtones and DRM

I am probably too late, as this post was almosts a month old, but if you are still having problem, then the trick after you have "DRMed" the mp3, is to connect the phone to the PC in "PHONE MODE" and not in "File transfer mode". Once in phone mode, open up the file manager in using the software suite and double click the phone icon and just drag & drop the "DRMed" mp3 to file manager window (not into the file folders), after the coping is done, the phone will prompt you for what you want to use the mp3 as, which you can select as ringtone. Good luck!

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

w580i Ringtones and DRM

Ok, looks like all it has to do with is the size of the file. I stuck a 30 second mp3 just using audacity to shorten it, and I could select it as a ringtone (not even using the phone mode). Thanks for your help.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

w580i Ringtones and DRM

Just kidding - found the software download at sonyericsson.com/support - Sony Ericsson PC Suite 2.10.38 (for Windows Vista/XP). Let you know how that works.

Invasion1977

w580i Ringtones and DRM

I dragged and dropped it where the Memory stick folder and the Phone Memory folder are once you click the phone icon in File Manger.

when its done transfuring the phone tells you where its being transfured and thats it.

when i find it in the phone its listed in the music section

eman6628

w580i Ringtones and DRM

If your mp3 is too big, sometimes the phone won't let you use it as ringtone. Try a smaller file first. After you got the file transferred over to the phone in phone mode, you can try disconnecting the USB cable and press the center button on the phone to select file manager then go into the music folder to locate your just transferred file and it should allow you to play it and also let you use it as ringtone.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

w580i Ringtones and DRM

Hi Adrenna,

It seems the biggest issue is the size of the file. Try using Audacity or something similar to edit your song and make it shorter. Then, move it over to your phone, and you should be able to use as ringtone.

>Mike

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information