Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Joe Pesci

40 million people now receiving food stamps at a cost of $73B/year

Those kids are the ones I would go out of my way to help make sure go somewhere in life. I'm sure there are ways that you can make sure those kids have decent shoes to wear and clothing etc. I know I would be more than happy to help with that kind of shit at my business if I was asked.

AlkyHauler
    AlkyHauler
's Avatar

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/26/spending-food-stamps-time-high-sparking-debate-welfare/

spend baby spend

black jesus
    black jesus
's Avatar

What percentage of people in "SNAP" have a car note?

nuclear
    nuclear
's Avatar

kill black people

problem solved

Legend Zero
    Legend Zero
's Avatar

i find it funny because most of you obviously don't care about the issue on a humanitarian mindset, nor on a fiscal responsibility of the nation mindset, but a rather, i'm spending my taxes going to these people as waste idea.

i can't blame you for that, i am someone who doesn't believe in TAX TAX TAX.

but rather than slam these guys and claim it is their corrupt-ness.. people should be going after another set of crooks.

The crooks that don't pay their fair share into the tax system, the doctors that are advised to start a BS LLC and claim everything as a "business expense" that goes untaxed due to some stupid rule, thus increasing the the taxes on the people who do actually pay them.

and than there are the few who actually believe it is a moral, or principal issue, and I applaud you.

but you won't write a letter to your congressman giving new ideas, you won't spur any innovation in the debate or go to meetings, or find ways to get your idea heard, instead, you'll circle jerk to a group of people that believe in the same testament as you do and cry that nobody knows what they are doing.

Jebus
    Jebus
's Avatar

One christmas I voulenteered to drop off presents at homes that were getitng goverment assistance. foodstamps/unemployment/healthcare, the whole lot.

I will never forget the first house I walked into, it was 2006.
    big screen TV - 60 inches
    Big leather couch - sectional real leather
    2 different Xboxes, 1 PS2
    3 laptops

I dropped off the presents for the kids, talked to them a bit and we left. almost every house after that was the same. at that time I was living in an apartment with my wife, had none of the things these people did, and was living paycheck tp paycheck. and those assholes were living high on the hog AND taking advantage of govement money.

I stopped doing that event after that year.

Makes me sick.

Kirk Hinrich
    Kirk Hinrich
's Avatar

Exact same thing here. It still blows my mind. After practice I usually grab a bagel at the jewel over like sedgewick/division. It's full of yuppie moms with their kids and women from cabrini buying shit with stamps. LINK cards aplenty.

undirected
    undirected
's Avatar

A WILD GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE APOLOGIST APPEARS

Seeker
    Seeker
's Avatar

Kids can't see that though, which is exactly why they had to make changes to smoking ads too. They won't do that for rap/hip-hop/urban culture, though.

Of course you notice it. You're an adult. It's not so evident to them. Without a way to show them the detrimental effects such a lifestyle can have, it's hard to convince these kids that there's another life to lead.

MAD PUNK inDC
    MAD PUNK inDC
's Avatar

fuck yeah, how can I get up on this shit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information