Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

Ok is that what the things are called "Bluetooth Dongle"? Are they available all over or is it something ya gotta get from the phone store. Are they on ebay? I'll check ebay and see what the story is.

Ok found em on ebay. Are they all the same or is there something I should be lookin for in one of these things? In other words will any Bluetooth Dongle talk to my phone or any phone?

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

I don't know if it makes any difference or not but I am only using the phone memory not an additional card. I don't think it makes a difference but....

I can find the video on the phone but I just can't get it to the computer.

spikejones

video to computer

it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a memory card for two reasons:

1. enable you to store LOADS more stuff than just the little bit that the internal phone memory allows

2. eases the process of transferring things like videos, pictures, and music between the PC and phone (works both ways)

theres not much reason to interface directly with the phone unless you need to change a file that absolutely MUST reside on the phones internal memory.

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

The problem is even if I clear all the picts and videos off the phone it still won't allow me to transfer a video to the computer. The program comes up when I plug in the phone via the usb cable and asks me if I want to transfer pictures but nothing for video. I think I am doing something basicly wrong here but don't know what it is or where to start.

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

Well you guessed it. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is. Anyway I got over to Staples and they had the memory card on sale but......when I got hope it seems it doesn't work or is the wrong size.

This is a Micro SD 2gb card. It says its cell phone memory on the package. Do you have a z750a and is that the card you have?

Zarphor92

video to computer

Bluetooth Dongle, Bluetooth adaptor, Bluetooth USB... they come under all sorts of names, but they're the same thing. They can be purchased in stores, but if you're into Ebay then that's deffinately the cheapest option

spikejones

video to computer

TBH, no. i dont have that model phone ( i have a verizon razr v3m )

anyhoo, my razr phone wouldnt recognize the SD card until it was formatted for the phone. this may be the issue with your phone. I cant really guide you to the proper location on your phone to do that process. It may be in your manual or you may have to ask an ATT customer service agent. I will also mention that some phones will only support a certain amount of SD memory. You might want to check on that as well.

Finally, the phone i have is actually the second handset that ive had from verizon since the first one that they gave me did NOT recognize the card in order to format it.

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

Well as it turns out SonyEricson has their specific card that only works with SonyEricons stuff. Figures right? Anyway called the ATT story and they have the cards alright. Seventy bucks!!!!!!!!!!! I think not. Anyway Staples doesn't carry the SonyEricson cards at all just the generic ones. Called Radio Shack and they have the cards by Sandisk, 2gig for 30 bucks. Went over and picked it up and it at least recognized the disk was in the phone and gave me the available memory on the disk so I guess its workin.

Now another question for ya. Any idea the length of a video you can send via email? The way I want to do it is to download the video to the computer than attach it to an email and send it out. I don't want to send it through the phone it would probably cost a mint. I guess all providers are a bit different and I will have to exp with it but just wondered if you had any idea.

spikejones

video to computer

AFAIK every ISP (or alternate email provider) has different limits on max email size. Its not really a minutes/seconds thing so much as a filesize limit. I know for instance that free providers such as gmail will not accept sending or receiving emails over a certain size, even though you may be sending it from a service that has different rules. You pretty much have to shoot in the dark unless you read the full regulations of your service + the one you are sending to.

also keep in mind that the stuff you send gets placed on the server, so if you are sending email to a person who rarely checks their email (but gets a lot) their server space may be filled. This isn't really a major issue though since most email providers will delete messages after a certain amount of days unless the user specifies to keep it (and this must be done through the web interface, not a client).

so there you have it... there is not real rule of thumb to it.

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

Yep found a ton of em. Like you said they are cheap enough, at least on line. I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information