Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    spikejones

video to computer

glad you got it sorted. yeah, ****e can be confusing a bit. you are a luck one to be with a carrier who does not lock down the USB mass storage device on the phone. Me being with verizon it takes a butt load more to do that little process. I firstly had to hack up my phone to extend the video duration from 15 seconds to 4 minutes, then i had to transfer the video from the phone to the card, and from the card to the PC (or get a direct filesystem access with BitPim, which is slower). Then it turns out that the crappy phone records in .3g* format, which is really only playable by quicktime (odd since the phone only support .wma audio) quicktime = apple, wma = windoze. anyhooo, hard to edit a .3g* file for free without loosing the original audio.

hopefully your experience will be a better one.

Zarphor92

video to computer

Did your adaptor come with any software? If it did, I suggest just un-installing the software and use the Microsoft drivers that come preloaded with your PC (in other words just use the Bluetooth adaptor without any software). The pre-supplied software with Windows XP are much easier to navigate - you simply have the Bluetooth icon in the system tray, then you right click it and select whether you want to send or recieve a file using it. You also get the option not to use a passkey.

If you're already using it with no software, then you probably just need to adapt to it, but it's really easy to grasp eventually. I'm glad it all worked out ok for you anyway. Have fun transfering your files

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

Never thought of usin the phone to send a pic to the printer. I may have to give that a try. I may be tryin to make this to simple but if I had two adaptors, one on the computer and the other on the printer I wonder if they could communicate and make the printer work? I guess like a wireless printer.

Zarphor92

video to computer

That's what I was getting at, but it would depend if the printer could recognise the adaptor as something to send data through. You could check this through the phone. If the adaptor wasn't recognised, then there would still be a chance, so long as the PC could define the adaptor as something that it can send to, then it could theoretically work even if the printer didn't recognise it as a bluetooth adaptor. All the printer is programmed to do is pick up the data that is sent through its USB port and whilst it may not detect the Bluetooth, it is still powering the device - the bluetooth works on a seperate system, it just relies on the printer to power it to make it work and then send the stuff back the same way through to it if that makes sence. The bluetooth is merely passing through the data that comes from the PC, so as long as the printer can recieve the data that comes through the bluetooth adaptor (regardless of whether it's recognised or not), it shouldn't 'care' and proceed to print it. This is all pure guesswork by the way

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

I hear that on the "theory" thing. Kinda fun to think about though. You would think it is at least possible. I wonder if I can send a text to the "printer" via bluetooth phone and see what happens. I may give that a try now just for fun. Stay tuned as they say

Well it was a try anyway. Plug on the printer isn't usb. The other end is a usb to plug into your computer usb but its a male end. I would have to have an adaptor to go from male to female then plug the bluetooth adaptor into that and try it. Oh well it's really not that important but it would have been pretty cool if it worked. I could be in the ole easy chair and print to the printer in the other room. We do quite a bit of camping and that would be just the ticket not to have to have a cable in the camper. Just have a stationary place of the printer and that is that. Oh well.

Zarphor92

video to computer

I'm not sure what would happen... Usually, text sent to the printer is embedded in a certain file format (such as .doc for Word documents). I'm not really sure what the printer will make of it - and that's if it even sends through... It would depend entirely on whether the SMS format was recognised, which is possible, but given the circumstances that printers are usually used under, I wouldn't have thought the technology would have been used in the printer. It all depends how the printer would recognise it - would it recognise it by the actual text used? Or the format it's in? You'll have to get back to me on it lol .

Ah well, a male to female adaptor is always an option, but the USB is obviously made that way for a reason, so I doubt it would recognise a reverse transaction lol...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information