Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

I have a z750a and am trying to send a video to my computer. I want to send it via usb cable. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I have read the instructions and have been to the store but no luck. The instructions are pretty vague and the store said to send it email. When I try to send it email it want me to edit it. In the past I have been able to send still picts to the computer via usb cable. Can anyone give me a hand?

thanks

Zarphor92

video to computer

In Theory, all you should have to do is plug the cable into the phone and navigate to the videos section. Are you sure you have the drivers for the phone installed? A disk should have been supplied with your phone for this. The disk also has transfering software, so if for any reason, you can't simply plug the cable in and navigate to the folder, this software should be able to do it. Sending the videos via e-mail will be a waste of time, as they will be cropped, take ages to send, and it will cost you a considerable amount of credit. Good luck .

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

As you have figured out I don't know a heck of a lot about this stuff. We have ATT for two reasons. First it's part of my daughters business and second we travel quit a bit and ATT seems to have the best coverage for us where we "normaly" travel. How it worked out with the usb cable and being able to transfer all this stuff was just dumb luck.

I went to the local ATT store and asked how to transfer the video and was told to email it to yourself. Like you said before it would seem to me to be pretty expensive to do it that way. I wanted to be able to put it on my computer and then be able to send it out to a couple of friends while we are away. This way I don't think I hope I won't have to use vimeo or some other thing that takes a ton of time to upload.

Now since you have proven you know what your talkin about, where is the best place to get a memory card. They seem to be runnin about 23 bucks plus shippin on ebay for a 2 gb card. Watcha think?

Zarphor92

video to computer

Firstly, it cost nothing to send via bluetooth - 100% free ( unless of course you count the electricity bill for running your PC ). From what I can make out, you're having to resort to sending videos via e-mail, where as with a bluetooth adaptor, you just literally select the video on the phone and tell it to send via Bluetooth to your computer and the problem of not being able to locate them via USB would be resolved. Unfortunately, you can't really not have the PC with you to send stuff, but some adaptors have a 100ft range. It was just another suggested solution to the problem you were having of not being able to find the videos on your phone via the USB.

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

Ok I'm not that cheap LOL

This thing your talkin about, is it a program on cd or do you plug it into a usb port or something. Right not, since everything is new to me, the cable isn't a problem. After a bit maybe it will get old and the BT would be much better. For the price of it it may be worth lookin into anyway.

What do I need and how does it work?

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

Thanks for the help.

No I didn't get a cd with the phone. In fact I didn't even get a cable. While on the road I stopped at an ATT store and the lady was kind enough to give me the cable. I didn't ask about a CD because I didn't know it was necessary. The user guide doesn't memtion about the CD but does say the cable is sold seperatly.

Anyway I have no problem transfering photo to the computer and I have send a small clip via email but I can't figure how to transfer video via cable.

When I plug the phone into the computer the computer does recognize it is there with a list of options as to what I want to do but nothing for video.

spikejones

video to computer

sounds like a fair price IMO. I think i paid a butt load more than that for a 1 GB card from the VZW store. wish id looked around more first though. that was before i really knew what i could do with my phone.

Zarphor92

video to computer

That dosn't sound too messed up. Just plug the phone in and everything, and then click to view all files and folders when the selection box appears. There should be a folder called 'videos' and that should be where it is. If it's not in there, try browsing the other folders - I promise you it will be there somewhere. Do also be aware that the cable will be able to read the memory card as well, so you should have 2 prompts appear. If it's not on the phone, try browising the momory card - it's the same principal and just remember to check all the folders.

Zarphor92

video to computer

All you need is a PC, your phone and the Bluetooth Dongle. The Bluetooth Dongle is basically just a little device you plug into one of your PC's USB ports and it gives your PC Bluetooth functionality. It might come with some software on a CD, but you don't normally need it. You can use it to send and recieve files to and from your phone wirelessly and yes, it is completely free. It's not quite as fast as sending over USB, but it's wireless, easier to use, cheap and less hassle to set up.

gbthacker@hotm

video to computer

Well don't get me wrong "I" really don't know what I can do with this one either. I'm a basic user. Phone, text, picts,and video is about it.

I just checked the Staples add. They have, what I think is the card I need on sale for 13 bucks. This is the last day for it so I'm gonna head over and see what the story is.

I just like the video to send quick clips while we are away to my daughter and buddy. Heck it's just fun to play with. I always have my phone but not my camera. Not as good but it does pretty well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information