Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    elucidator

What is Pit-worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal View Post
    ...And you know that elucidator and Bryan Ekers will be there. And EddyTeddyFreddy. And who knows. Maybe even lekatt or Giraffe...
    Hey, be there or B2!

Carol Stream

What is Pit-worthy?

Since this thread is still open, I'll point out another example of what is NOT Pitworthy--college students whining. Well, that, and whining in general.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=529348

Fear Itself

What is Pit-worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Stream View Post
    Since this thread is still open, I'll point out another example of what is NOT Pitworthy--college students whining. Well, that, and whining in general.

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/...d.php?t=529348
    Most of the posters in that thread, including the OP, are faculty, not students. I'm sure that makes not a whit of difference to you, but it does make you look like a an old fogey with a head of steam for whippersnappers, and there are none.

Carol Stream

What is Pit-worthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Fear Itself View Post
    Most of the posters in that thread, including the OP, are faculty, not students. I'm sure that makes not a whit of difference to you, but it does make you look like a an old fogey with a head of steam for whippersnappers, and there are none.
    I'll have to get up at 7 am to get to class on time Tuesday and Thursday. Then I'll have my usual fall job corn sorting starting at 6 am on the weekends. Have a Thursday night class that goes to 9:30 PM.

I'm not a morning person.
    I'm debating between driving a metal spike through my head or going to my calc two class, I got a boring teacher. It's his first time teaching Calc II, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about but... ugh, today was my first day of that class and the one and a half hours felt like 6 years. He doesn't even ask the class to participate he just drones. On. Endlessly. Maybe he's just getting his bearings.
    So it isn't like it's a free easy ride, even if you consider homework easy*. They have to work to pay that back.

*big if, English Composition about killed me. >.<
    Anyway, back to whining. Tonight is my first night class of the year.

I was up until 3:30 last night attempting to hit a deadline on a project at work. No time for a nap today, so I'm off to class on 3 hours of sleep. Yawn. At least this time I'm taking the class, not teaching it. No big deal if I drift off a little in the back row. I hope the prof doesn't take it personally, though.
    That's enough whine for a Papal mass.

Fear Itself

What is Pit-worthy?

That's enough whine for a Papal mass.
    Out of 55 posts, you found four, and two of them are by the same person?

They weren't even on your lawn, old dude!

Carol Stream

What is Pit-worthy?

Out of 55 posts, you found four, and two of them are by the same person?

They weren't even on your lawn, old dude!
    It's not the number of posts, or posters, or their age. It's the whining. Doesn't belong in the Pit.

Jamaika a jamaikaiak

What is Pit-worthy?

I submit that each and every one of these posts are MUNDANE AND POINTLESS. Not a one was even vaguely close to "entertaining", by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, a few of them had only an extra word or three beyond my summation above, i.e. "X is annoying". That's just whining.

If you won't move Mini-Rants to MPSIMS, will you at least edit the title?

"August Whiners Club" is about right.
    Would you shut the fuck up about this already? You've been on this kick for years. Many people like the mini-rants thread in the pit. I think MMP is silly, but I don't try to get it shut down.

Something else:

I think moving the vegetarian thread to GD was a bad idea. Much of the debate was about who was a bigger asshole, and now we can't talk about that since it's in GD. As I said on the last page:

I come here for the debates. They are generally better than in GD. Please don't remove the best debates from here. I think people's assumptions are really challenged here. Often people post rants and really don't expect it when post #2 disagrees with their entire premise (They don't agree that my Sow-Worker is a jerky-jerk? Really? Maybe I'm the jerky-jerk? Well, I never!). I like this aspect of the Pit.
    Some of the best debates are rude.

Carol Stream

What is Pit-worthy?

[QUOTE=Jamaika a jamaikaiak

Fear Itself

What is Pit-worthy?

Post MPSIMS in MPSIMS, and you'll never even hear from me.
    If I believed that, I would hold a gun to the mod's heads until they capitulated.

Carol Stream

What is Pit-worthy?

If I believed that, I would hold a gun to the mod's heads until they capitulated.
    Find an instance where I've ever posted in MPSIMS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information