Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Kaio

Whew it's hot out here! Summer Mini-Rants

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Whisperer View Post
    I'll jump on the "cut your losses" train - socialize with this woman any time it's convenient for *you*, but don't change your life for someone who obviously doesn't care about inconveniencing other people. Life is so much better once you stop trying to tie yourself in knots for other people.
    Times 10. Plus, I don't know what kind of "show" this is, but I've never heard of a theatre -- particularly one that charges $75 a seat -- that will simply allow you to change which show you're attending at the last second. Advance tickets are just that -- reservations for a specific day and time (and almost certainly a specific seat) in advance. They might sell you new tickets, if there are seats available, but they probably won't refund your old ones just cuz they changed their mind.

And a three-day bachelorette party? Sounds like "ME ME ME" syndrome, to me. Good lord.

Cat Whisperer

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
    But it's all just an excuse for rude, selfish behavior. "The rules don't apply to me because I'm special!
    That was the whiff I was getting from the tv show. I didn't bother pitting all the other losers on the show who were also all, "You can't boot me! These are not the $1000 in unpaid parking tickets you're looking for!" because they weren't holding themselves up as some kind of higher moral example. I think "hypocrite" is the right word - say one thing and do another.

FoieGrasIsEvil

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Whisperer View Post
    Ooh, I'm totally with you on that. If it was a bland white cake with bland Cool Whip, I wouldn't care (since I'd have a bite and give the rest to my husband since I don't waste calories on white cake), but lemon cake? That needs a sweet buttery frosting.

I hate to look a gift cake in the mouth, but I'm kinda picky with birthday cakes (I hate ice cream cakes, too).

Guess what I'm hungry for now?
    Maybe you should become a "Cat Yeller".

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

After close examination my boyfriend thinks somebody stabbed my tire. I'd be spitting mad, but I'm too tired.

anya marie

Three days of booms and bangs from fireworks is MORE than enough, and your assholes' BOOOMS are setting off car alarms next block over. Thanks for my new headache, motherfuckers!!!!

woodstockbirdybird

Quote Originally Posted by Shot From Guns View Post
    For someone who's so touchy about a word, you sure do mis-punctuate your sentences. Or you're from the U.K., in which case your CJ would probably explain this irrational hatred of "sammich."
    Perhaps you can enlighten me: where in that quote is the "mis-punctuation"? I'll give you a hint: it ain't there.

Cat Whisperer

Quote Originally Posted by descamisado View Post
    Anybody want to start a petition against these puns?

I'll cosine.
    I might get a-round to it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fuck you, Kroger, for apparently not giving your baggers any training whatsoever.

There are a couple of them who know how to sack groceries in the reusable bags that I bring with me and so carefully arrange on the belt with the items to go in each individual bag.

The vast majority, the ones who do this as a supplement to their Social Security check and the high school and college students, are absolutely clueless. Last night, I had to re-bag my own groceries when the little shit just tossed them in, rotissery chicken with ice cream and all. On top of that, he used six plastic bags in addition, for what fit very easily into the four bags that I'd brought.:smack:

Then I had to get the cashier's attention from making time with the blonde college girl (which didn't earn me any willingness to be of assistance) to replace the eggs that the bagger had made a mess of when he carelessly packed them.

This isn't rocket science, folks. If the mentally challenged guy at Al's Foodland can do a good job of it, it really shouldn't be beyond your capabilities.

Cat Whisperer

Quote Originally Posted by woodstockbirdybird View Post
    Perhaps you can enlighten me: where in that quote is the "mis-punctuation"? I'll give you a hint: it ain't there.
    No, it's there - "mis-punctuation?" Punctuation goes inside quotation marks.

ETA: And outside brackets.

Cat Whisperer

I just got a typical phishing spam ("I am Mr. Tim Tookey, the Group Finance Director of Lloyds Banking Group United Kingdom. I personally discovered a dormant account with a total sum of $95,000,000.00 [NINTY FIVE MILLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS ONLY] during our Bank's Account Auditing. The owner of this dormant account died on 4th Jan 2002. Since the death of the deceased, nobody has operated in this account till date. I mean NO BODY! Moreover, this account has NO BENEFICIARY attached to it.") and it's irritating me. One, the writing is so unprofessional it's a dead giveaway it's a scam (I've never to this day got a legitimate business letter with someone EXCLAIMING! in it). Two, they keep doing this because SOME IDIOTS KEEP FALLING FOR IT! KNOCK IT OFF, IDIOTS!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information