Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
    LavenderBlue

Whew it's hot out here! Summer Mini-Rants

[QUOTE]http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/11/us...ng.html?ref=us

A statewide whooping cough epidemic has not changed how Danielle Lawson of San Anselmo feels about vaccinating her 5 1/2-month-old daughter.

Ms. Lawson has declined almost all of the standard vaccines recommended for infants, including DTaP, which protects against whooping cough.

Chefguy

Look, I just need my fucking prescription filled, okay? Called the pharmacy last Monday, they faxed the request to you; you haven't responded and I'm going to run out in two days. So you keep me waiting for 45 minutes in the waiting room so that someone can take two goddamned minutes to look to see if the fax has been sent or not. Why can't YOU do that? Yes, I know that you're having renovations done; not because you managed to tell me that twice as an excuse for laziness, but because of, you know, the fucking guys working right behind you. Useless fucking hag of a receptionist. And by the way: those chic clothes you wear and the dye job on your hair do nothing to remedy the fact that you look like a piece of beef jerky. I finally left before saying something truly rude, and have no confidence that this will be taken care of. I gotta find a new clinic.

KneadToKnow

You have to have a prescription for that now?

Lionne

How is it possible to spill half a cup of iced coffee into my purse when there's a damn lid on the cup? Why was I stupid enough to think balancing the cup on my center console would work "only for a second"?

And the liner can't be taken out to wash...there goes $20.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What the fuck is it with old people (especially men) and going to the doctor? JUST FUCKING GO!!!! It's like you want to be in pain. Hmmm, suddenly can't walk more than a block without having to stop due to pain in your hip? Well, I'm sure that'll just heal up on its own. If not, just live with it. A medical professional certainly won't be of any help.

Silver Fire

My son's father's cat had kittens at some point. When he came to pick Alex up a few days ago I was like "Hey, how are the kittens?"

Him: "Meh, I dunno."

Me: "??? Well, how many are there?"

Him: "I heard four at one point. Last I heard, they were down to three."

Me: "You don't check on them?"

Him: "Nah, I threw them in the house out back."

So he has this little house on his property, I assume what used to be a guest house for the previous owners, except that it's all run down and full of shit (literally from, I assume, the wild life) and assorted junk and rusty nails and rotten floor boards and, apparently, dead kittens and mostly it should have been torn down about 5 years ago when I suggested it but it never was and now he has CATS living in there, ffs.

And guess which dickhead, stupid motherfucker in this post let my seven year old go rooting around that house this weekend to find the fucking cats? Does that sound like a good idea to anybody?

And I just want to back over his head 75 fucking times but I CAN'T because that is frowned upon by authorities.

Also, if you don't want kittens, FIX YOUR FUCKING CATS YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH.

GIGObuster

Dear colleges and trade schools posting advertisements for classes hidden as job openings.

Stop doing that, you wankers!

If I need a class I would look for it, and not in the job openings lists sent from Monster! I would still need to have a better job than the one I have to pay for your fees anyhow!

Ferret Herder

Dude at the front desk of the clinic: Repeating the phrase, "This is not my bill!" is not going to help matters. Why? Because it doesn't mean anything to us, or more accurately, it could mean different things. It could mean that that's not your name that's on the bill, or that you didn't receive the procedures indicated on the bill. Apparently you extended the phrase to mean, "I already got a bill for a different amount for this visit," and failed to notice that particular bill came from the hospital, not the clinic. They have the name and logo of the hospital/clinic right on each bill.

There is a sign posted right at the desk, right there, saying that you'll get two bills if you have any procedures done and explaining the hospital vs. clinic thing. That's how every freaking clinic in this medical center handles their billing, and considering your age and observed physical condition, I'm pretty sure you've dealt with this before.

Oh, and bitching at the desk clerk for trying to answer your wife's question, saying, "Talk to me, I'm the patient, not her!"? So not cool. I did notice on my way through the waiting room that your wife was re-explaining this whole concept of "separate bills" to you, so at least she has an idea what's up.

LavenderBlue

Shut the fuck up about vaccines, people on another message board.

Person 1:

You are everything that is wrong with the modern attachment parenthood movement. I'm going to let you on a little secret: you can nurse until the child is fifteen. You can birth naturally in the woods and set up a shrine afterwards complete with placenta and dried belly cord in the middle of it and account of how you sewed yourself up with moss and dried flowers and then danced with unicorns to celebrate the arrival of the babe.

You can use pure cotton shit catchers embroidered with the names of fairies and rainbows; feed your child only organic items that have been grown in your very own garden and let them play with handcrafted toys designed to turn your three year old into Albert Fucking Einstein.

Vaccines will still do more good for your brat than any of that, you santimonious birdbrain. Stop fucking lying about them on the net. You look like a moron every time you quote Barbara Fisher Loe and Jenny McCarthy as if either had more than a single brain cell.

Oh and stop with the homeschooling. You write like a drunken third grader. You shouldn't be teaching a dog let alone a child.

Person no. 2:

Guess what? When you write that vaccines caused all kinds of bad things to you as a child? We can tell. You're very clearly brain damaged. Do us a favor and STFU about how vaccines are teh suk.

There isn't enough time in the world to explain just how wrong you are or how stupid you come across. I spent three hours once doing it. I'd rather stick my head in a pencil sharpener than ever do that again.

It's bad enough you're an idiot. Stop being a public health hazard as well.

Bosstone

My poor old neurotic cat had major troubles with the litter box too. I used to have a covered box; the other cat would attack him as he tried to leave and effectively trap him in there, usually only letting him out after he managed to step in the fresh poop. I got rid of the covered box and got a large open one, and he just hung his ass over the side and peed on the floor. I wouldn't have been able to use an open-top box, as he was too arthritic to jump up.

I'm rather grateful that my current cat is young, healthy, and prim enough to always keep herself clean.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information