Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Bryan Ekers

RO: Palestinian jailed for being Palestinian

Actually, since the Israeli woman (almost certainly) has had military training and the Palestinian man (almost certainly) has not, I figure a fairer (or at least more entertaining) solution would be to Thunderdome it.

Damuri Ajashi

Quote Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
    Indeed I see no reason to think that this is anything other than a neutral application of a flawed law. My head scratching goes to the point that the man settled with this as a plea bargain. He admitted to it, and agreed to the 18 months sentence.

Now I readily admit that there have been instances that count as systemic discrimination against Palestinians in Israel. Thing is it has usually been the Israeli court system bringing the government to task for those instances. The Israeli court system is pretty damn good and even handed. If this man admitted to "rape by fraud" then he did at least that. I wonder more if how this went down was that the woman was given a really rather typical rape victim treatment - "your word against his word, no proof, say it was consensual and we avoid having to have you and your sexual history raked over the coals in court and he still goes to jail on this lesser charge." But I don't know that any more than you know any of what really happened.

You're right of course, I only know what people have reported, perhaps the cops are protecting this woman by saying they have evidence that makes violent rape unlikely. Perhaps there is more to this story but I would still like to hear about the particulars of the other cases where Jewish men went to jail under this law.

You are correct that the Israeli judicial system is respectable in most instances but as you point out in the post below, the judicial system is not immune from the societal racism against Palestinians.

Quote Originally Posted by DSeid View Post
    Again, I want to point out, it is to me fairly indisputable that there is some systemic discrimination against minority citizens in Israel. The examples are pretty easy to document and indeed many human rights organizations claim, likely with good cause, that Arab citizens receive stiffer sentences for the same crimes than do Jewish citizens. I am sure that the statistical evidence for sentencing in general would show the same sort of pattern as the Black/White sentencing in drug cases that was noted above. But that does not mean that this case is an example of that and presuming it is, presenting it as his being "jailed for being Palestinian", is very unfair. It isn't like real cases of discrimination in Israel do not exist. Use those ones.

amanset

Quote Originally Posted by FinnAgain View Post
    Actually what it says is that, predictably, you've decided to start lying, no doubt as part of a bit of your standard trolling so that now you can clutch at your wounded breast and moan about how very unfair it is that I've pointed out that you're lying. It's a neat trick, and an admitted pedophile like you would probably get upset about someone deliberately crafting dishonest accusations in order to get upset that they're called a liar. Why, I bet that now you'll say I'm lying and that you aren't really a pedophile. Predictable.
    Wow. Now I'm lying? I'm using your own words. From this thread.

"you're just one of our anti-Israel brigade"
    "Because you're a partisan shill"
    "When people lie and are called and it, and other evince bigotry,"

I mean come on.

Rather obviously, you're just making shit up. Nobody on this board accepts everything Israel does without question. Most likely, nobody in the world does either. But that's one of your pack of jackals' standard lies when it comes to this topic, anybody who doesn't demonize Israel properly must, of course, support everything they do always.
    Just like your "Oh please oh please oh please call me an anti-Semite!" idiocy.
    You sir have been shown to do so. You are routinely asked to give examples of Israeli actions you disagreed with and routinely you do not give any.

Yeah, that's the kind of habitual dishonesty that I'm talking about, thanks for the object lesson. "Why, the OP wasn't even about Israel and sure the very first thing that the OP says and that everybody sees is the lie that a Palestinian man was jailed for simply being a Palestinian, but it was in the title not in the OP, and it's a lie that supports my hatred of Israel, so it's cool!"
    1. I never said the OP wasn't about Israel. To use your favourite phrase, stop lying.
    2. People are expected to read the post and preferably the link too. Neither of which claims he was jailed for being Palestinian.
    3. If someone doesn't read the thread they have no idea that Israel is involved. If they do, they'll see what happened. The topic title is no different to a tabloid headline.

Why don't you go start another ATMB thread where you whine about how I'm allow to insult you in the Pit?
    Of course, you are an anti-Israel shill and you are objecting to someone being called for for lying because that lie supports your anti-Israel bias.
    See, here AGAIN are you calling me a shill and anti-Israel, just like you did earlier but you then called me a liar for saying you had.

Seriously. Is English your first language? Can you read? Do you have any sort of learning development problems? Because something is stopping the words on the screen getting into your head.

Yes, as already noted, you are a partisan shill without a shred of personal honor or honesty when it comes to your hatred of Israel. Of course a blatant lie is mere "hyperbole", a word whose definition you rather obviously don't know despite your babble about dictionaries. And, of course, as you're just a partisan whore, you'd be up in arms if someone claimed that Israel is totally justified since all Palestinians are terrorists. You're just a shill who'll support one set of lies as "hyperbole" and another as something you just won't stand for (because it doesn't support the narrative you're shilling for, natch).
    Again with the "partisan shill" and "hatred of Israel". For a "lie" it is certainly a "lie" that you like to keep performing.

So let me see. I laid out quite clearly for you what my views on the Middle East are. I have also given you the same views in other threads. These are views I have held for some time.

But what you are saying - because you know me so well - is that these are in fact lies?

Riiiiight.

Really Not All That Bright

Yes. However, since the "fraudulent" conduct at issue here is that the accused rapist called himself Daniel, I think we can safely ignore it.

ivan astikov

If I thought every jew was like Froth Again, I'd gladly be an anti-semite... while still sticking up for those poor Palestinian semites, obviously.

Diogenes the Cynic

I did answer it.
    Where? Where is this information recorded that it's supposed to be so easy for me to find?

Diogenes the Cynic

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmannii View Post
    wondered briefly what would be the prison sentence for a Jewish guy who tried conning a Muslim woman in this fashion in a Muslim nation in the Middle East. The difficult with imaging such a scenario is 1) the virtual absence of Jews in any of these countries due to their having been driven from their homes after 1948, and 2) the likelihood that the "sentence" would be death by stoning for both man and woman.
    This is an evasion of the question and the issue. "Yeah, but Muslims are eeeeevil, does not get Israel off the hook for its own Jim Crow practices.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It isn't complicated, it's called Apartheid. We've seen it before, whether in 1930s Germany or late 20th century South Africa.

Supported by the USA to the tune of about $120 each year for every Jewish citizen of Israel.

Bryan Ekers

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyVacant View Post
    It isn't complicated, it's called Apartheid. We've seen it before, whether in 1930s Germany or late 20th century South Africa.

Supported by the USA to the tune of about $120 each year for every Jewish citizen of Israel.
    Probably worth it, to have somebody friendly in the region.

FinnAgain

Quote Originally Posted by amanset View Post
    Wow. Now I'm lying?
    No, you've been lying. You're just still doing it. Rather obviously, and blatantly I might add.

You sir have been shown to do so. You are routinely asked to give examples of Israeli actions you disagreed with and routinely you do not give any.
    Nope, you're lying yet again. Go figure. And of course I haven't "been shown to do so". The pack of rabid curs that you run with simply like that lie a lot, so you repeat it. As any Big Lie works, you seem to hope that if you use it enough, you'll fool some people. Of course it's not true and you're simply a back of vile, pustular mongrels, but that goes with the territory.

The truth is that despite me going on record criticizing Israel, the assholes on the board who make up the anti-Israel brigade will lie about it, even in threads where I've just criticized something Israel does. Sometimes only a few posts right after. You guys just like lying, I suppose.

1. I never said the OP wasn't about Israel.
    There's that honorable and honest nature you have! While lying and saying that the OP didn't claim that the issue was "Palestinian jailed for being Palestinian" (since, ya know, they said it in the title and not the body of the post, and anti-Israel lies are only "hyperbole" and yadda yadda), you also claimed that it was somehow important that the OP didn't mention the word Israel in the body text, either.

Surely, not so you can shill. Nopers. Just coincidence.

See, here AGAIN are you calling me a shill and anti-Israel, just like you did earlier but you then called me a liar for saying you had.
    Yeah, you keep lying while moaning about how you're being called out for continually lying. You're kinda retarded, eh?
    Your lie was not that you're a shill who is anti-Israel. Of course you are and of course I said you are. Your lie was that rather than your constant dishonesty and shilling for your anti Israel narrative (like justifying lies as "hyperbole" as long as they're anti-Israel lies), that it was really because you don't accept everything that Israel does. Except, I listed several people who also don't and who I not only haven't called any names, but respect because unlike you they're not dishonest and not shills.
    Because, ya know, you were lying.

So let me see. I laid out quite clearly for you what my views on the Middle East are.
    Yes, you are a liar. Unsurprisingly, I'm not taking you at your word. Go figure, eh?
    Your actual views on the Middle East are shown by your behavior, not your oh-so-honest (and honorable too!) protestations of your neutrality. Your record is clear including the issue that led to you whining in ATMB about how you shouldn't be insulted in the Pit, a thread, by the way, in which you admitted to dishonestly trying to find excuses to 'get me in trouble'. Because, ya know, you're a liar.

You're fine with lies about Israel as long as you can handwave them away as hyperbole. Strangely enough, you're not fine with the truth if it doesn't paint Israel in a negative light.
    Just one of those coincidences, eh? Eh?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information