Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Diogenes the Cynic

You steal a camera during MY Workshop? Fuck you, you piece of messed-up shit !

Do you actually have proof that he stole the camera, or is that just an assumption you made because he smokes pot?

Also, what's wrong with showing up to a workshop baked? He's paying for the workshop, he's not your employee and it doesn't affect cognitive abilities anyway, so why do you care?

It sounds like you're profiling pot smokers.

WordMan

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MsWhatsit View Post
    Hi, I'm just checking in to say that every time I think about, "I AM the evidence," it sends me into fresh gales of giggles. This is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Yeah, I was totally high last night and I came up with a new cop buddy show called Jersey Dope.

It would star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino and Diogenes "The Evidence" the Cynic. The Situation would walk around shirtless giving everyone chlamydia, and the whole show could be action-oriented, because they would never have to go to trial. At the end, Diogenes would just put on his sunglasses and say "I AM The Evidence...", and the perp would go straight to jail. Then we fade to black and cue the music. But not that song from The Who. I can't afford the rights to that. Something more appropriate. Calliope music or something.

I'm totally shopping it around.
    For the win.

bsane

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes the Cynic View Post
    Thanks for the cite. I am one of those people who never seemed to suffer any impairment. My friends would often comment on it a lot that I seemed more straight when I was stoned than when I wasn't (I'm naturally kind of a space case. Pot actually seemed to clear me up and help me concentrate).
    Wait... Now you're saying you knew it caused impairment? Why did you adamantly argue that it didn't if you knew it did?

billfish678

Gawd what a bunch of fuckheading retard pot heads.

You know who's safest? The pothead that hasnt smoked AND is being extra careful because its just the right fucking thing to do?

But I guess you fucking potheads are only careful when your stoned, cause otherwise you are on your cellphone calling your brother to check out the sports news.

You know what? When I've had a few, I am extra careful too because I realize I am impaired. But I aint fucking stupid enough to claim I am actually safer slightly buzzed. Maybe safer than the average retarded pothead, texters, cell phone users, and general morons. But safer than I would be if I was sober?

Jesus Fucking Christ.

MTCicero

Quote Originally Posted by storyteller0910 View Post
    Because I am psychic, I am going to make a fearless guess: you have not actually read the Chesher and Longo text you cited, right? Just the quotes cherry-picked from the article by a organization with an agenda?
    As I stated previously, it's Diogenes's own version of magical thinking.

lieu

Stoned people cause slightly fewer accidents than people on no drugs at all. They aren't just safer than drunks, they're marginally safer than people who aren't on anything.
    Predictively we want our safest drivers in charge of shuttling kids. Should we insist then that school bus drivers toke up before starting their route?

Cartooniverse

I'm profiling thieves. The pot smoking was a sidebar issue to me. Fuck it, let him show up baked. But surveillance cameras? They really don't lie, now do they ?

Asshole stole it then proudly "found it" at the bottom of the garbage can.

As for cognitive abilities, that's a debate for another thread. I don't care if he can or cannot concentrate and if he falls and gets hurt, he signed off on that already. But nobody is forced to attend these, these are attended by people intensely interested in LEARNING this stuff.

He wasted his time, till he stole. Then he wasted OUR time, and wrecked the day.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No it doesn't.
    That's the best you got? Is it supposed to be a cogent counter-argument? On The Straight Dope? Fighting ignorance and all that?

Well... ummm...uh... Does too!

~~
    And... as a teacher with an inordinate number of stoners, I'd like to point out that they're a lot funnier than the hangover cases.
    ~~
    And... I don't want to burst any bubbles, but I've heard of passing a pain-in-the-ass doper just so that you don't have to put up with him again next semester...

Diogenes the Cynic

If they're pains in the ass, it's because they're pains in the ass anyway. I never was. I was pretty quiet actually. Always turned in my work on time. Never cheated or missed a test or ever asked for anything. I was even one of those rare students who always actually read the assigned material. You're not busting any bubbles. I got my A's on merit, aced tests and wrote good papers. It was the same in high school That's why I graduated early from high school. And I was baked then too.

toofs

Hopefully you ended his participation.

I hate thieves. Earn your own shit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information