Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    GHO57

How freaking hot IS it?

According to the weather site, it's... 61

norinew

How freaking hot IS it?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Plastic Ninja View Post

When I lived here in August without air conditioning one year, I would take freezing cold showers. As soon as the cold water stopped I'd begin to sweat. I would quick-fast put on a thin nightgown and rush to bed to sleep next to the window with a fan on blowing cold air across me. I was still sweating. The trick was to fall asleep before I dried off.
    When we lived in a suburb of Baltimore, MD, I can't tell you how many summer nights we were only able to get to sleep because we'd go for a late-night swim just prior to going to bed! As long as my hair was cool and damp, I could normally get to sleep. (Sex was right out, though; we're both, like, "Hey, I love you but I'm sweaty; don't touch me".)

Really Not All That Bright

How freaking hot IS it?

Hot enough that people have stopped making those idiotic "this record snowfall is evidence of global warming!" jokes.

Cartooniverse

How freaking hot IS it?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Plastic Ninja View Post
    Heh -- those tickets turn grey for me all the time if I leave them in the car too long. Austin, too.

I keep hearing "it hasn't gotten to 100 yet!" but I've seen up to 110 degrees on those big thermometer signs. I never really trust those, though.

When I lived here in August without air conditioning one year, I would take freezing cold showers. As soon as the cold water stopped I'd begin to sweat. I would quick-fast put on a thin nightgown and rush to bed to sleep next to the window with a fan on blowing cold air across me. I was still sweating. The trick was to fall asleep before I dried off.
    The thin nightgown trapped some water and cooled you more efficiently than not wearing one?

I do wonder HOW hot it was this weekend in Austin. Hmmmm.... how does one find recent temps...

Sigmagirl

How freaking hot IS it?

I like it. It's 83 in Cleveland and I'm thinking I won't go for a swim after work. Chilly.
    I keep my sunglasses in their case inside the console in my car and the other day they were too hot to touch.

TWDuke

How freaking hot IS it?

It was so hot I went to the gym. That's freakin' hot!

(See, I hadn't been to the gym in months, but it's air-conditioned, unlike my current residence. So I could actually get a work out and sweat less than I was just sitting around the house.)

Cartooniverse

How freaking hot IS it?

The air conditioning means you are working out in lower humidity by far. Does this mean you'd be more dehydrated? I'm guessing so- a plus if you are holding a lot of water weight. Just respiring is going to draw out moisture.

Ahh. Moisture.

GHO57

How freaking hot IS it?

Quote Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
    Hot enough that people have stopped making those idiotic "this record snowfall is evidence of global warming!" jokes.
    ...yea, like last winter when we got 3 feet of snow in a week, and the average temperature was -41... heh, or like last month when we got those hailstorms and temperatures dropped below freezing at night.

Don't I feel silly now:smack:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How freaking hot IS it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartooniverse View Post
    The flipside is that as long as one is sipping Pedialyte, one should enjoy the 98/98 days as we used to call them in Philly when I was growing up. 98* F and 98% humidity. Even your fingernails needed Triple Action Gold Bond Medicated Powder.
    Can you find one of those days on a historical weather data website? That would be a Heat Index of 177F making Philadelphia of all places () one of the hottest cities on earth. It just doesn't sound right to me. I grew up in central NC which by all logic should be hotter than Philly, and the heat there didn't even hold a candle to the heat here in Phoenix, and as far as I can tell our Heat Index rarely if ever gets out of the 130s.

Cartooniverse

How freaking hot IS it?

Hmmmmm. I will look. But I do believe you, and those days they used to refer to now appear to be.... apocryphal.

How about 98/58 ????

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information