Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Really Not All That Bright

Starving Kitten: AKA...What the Hell Is Wrong With People?

Spay and neuter your pets, people.

ivan astikov

There are plenty of humans I'd like to see have their reproductive organs removed, rather than any dog or cat's.

Heart of Dorkness

Jesusgod.

IIRC, you're in Chicago, where there are a number of no-kill cat shelters. If you can't find a place for Miss Kitty at one of those, then yes, please take her to the pound. She stands an excellent chance of being adopted well before they have to euthanize, and if not, it's still a far better way to go than starving to death, getting hit by a car, getting eaten by a dog, etc.

ivan astikov

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Slit View Post
    rhubarbarin, is there any reason you prefer intact males? I'd always heard that most dog bites come from unneutered males.
    I had mine for 13 years and he never once was aggressive to a human. If he was frustrated by having intact bollocks and not being able to use them, he never took it out on anyone or thing that I noticed.

cwthree

Audrey Levins, if you're in Chicago and you need help catching or transporting the kitten, PM me.

Chessic Sense

Quote Originally Posted by Contrapuntal View Post
    Can you come up with a reason why you should be kept alive?
    Because I'm human. I am therefore more important than animals. I exist outside of nature. And I don't go around killing other humans, so you can't kill me. Cats, on the other hand, are just biological robots. It's perfectly cool to act calously toward them, treat them as property, and destroy them as I would a clay pot I no longer wanted.

Which one of your jacked up, peanut-brained assumptions didn't I flatly deny? Let me know and I'll be sure to state blatantly why you're an idiot.

Jackmannii

Quote Originally Posted by bucketybuck View Post
    Where did the kitten come from?

Why would a stray cat go to a yard, then remain in that yard even though it gets no food/water/attention from that yard?
    Strays and/or wandering pet cats wind up in our yard all the time, partly because of a favorable food supply (i.e. rabbits, chipmunks). A small black kitten emerged from the woods one day and began following Mrs. J. around the yard. We gave it food and water while looking for a home, and she wound up driving halfway to Virginia to hand off the beast to my brother, who adopted it. She has threatened to hose down the next cute widdle kitty who presents itself.

I don't think she's quite serious. But it would be nice if the neighbors did not let their cats roam/breed. We have a growing Labrador pup and a suspected coyote den somewhere in the area (judging from the nighttime yips and occasional screams of victims) and the yard is rapidly becoming a less congenial place for felines.

Freudian Slit

Quote Originally Posted by ivan astikov View Post
    I had mine for 13 years and he never once was aggressive to a human. If he was frustrated by having intact bollocks and not being able to use them, he never took it out on anyone or thing that I noticed.
    Yes, but that's just one dog. I'm talking about actual studies.

Here's one cite:

Male dogs are more aggressive than females, and most of the aggression is by intact males. Male dogs accounted for 70% - 87% of the attacks studied, and 60% were unneutered males.

ivan astikov

Any statistics on the kind of owners they had? I'd think that would be far more relevant than whether or not they were unneutered.

Ludovic

This looks like a job for Willthekittensurvive?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information