Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    ivan astikov

"Concerned Citizens of the United States" Looking Out for Our Interests!

Especially coming from a nation that was founded on unhindered immigration.

Bricker

Quote Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
    I breathlessly await your suggestions as to how these innocent do-gooders ascertained the legal residency status of all those no-good illegals.

Breathlessly.
    I gave one above.

The organization I support as a board member is responsible for helping mothers-to-be and mothers of newborns with clothes, diapers, food, baby furniture, vocational training, and language classes. We keep records of all our clients, the vast majority of which are illegal aliens.

A ne'er-do-well with access to my organization's records could easily compile a list similar to the one we're discussing here. And so far as I know, they could do it without violating any law.

I note again that my actual organization would never do any such thing, and in fact as a result of this discussion I am going to make sure we stop documenting residency status, so we would not be compelled to release information someday that could be used in this way; what you don't have, you can't be subpoenaed into providing.

But that's secondary to the question you asked.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Bricker View Post
    2. Your question assumes a fact not in evidence: that the list was obtained illegally. How do you know this?
    We know it now. In case you missed it, from the AP:
    Utah officials said Friday they have identified at least two state workers who apparently accessed confidential documents to create a list of 1,300 purported illegal immigrants that was mailed to law enforcement officials and the news media.

Intentionally releasing a private record in Utah is a misdemeanor punishable by up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine. If someone stole such a record, it could be prosecuted as a felony with a penalty punishable by up to five years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

Damuri Ajashi

Well, a lot of it has also been about closing the door of opportunity behind you.

Really Not All That Bright

Quote Originally Posted by Bricker View Post
    Yes. No to be snarky, but I think this is fair territory to observe, "no shit." Yes, our immigration laws, almost by definition, put members of some ethnic groups at a disadvantage. That's essentially a necessary consequence of immigration laws.
    In what sense is it a necessary consequence? :dubious:

Attack from the 3rd dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Shot From Guns View Post
    I think it's in them Koran Bibles the Mexicans keep dropping all over people's property as they traipse through.
    Have we considered getting them to step on a Korean? I understand that they won't.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton10 View Post
    , but the ones that are here taking our jobs Illegally need to be expelled, that goes for anyone here that shouldn't be, ALL OF YOU!!!
    What jobs are you talking about?

Bricker

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeia View Post
    I say "guilty" because information is being uncovered that these virtuous saints of fairness and rectitude may have committed a crime by the way they mined their data, who they received it from, and the types of data they were able to collect which, if found to be the case, is illegal in the state of Utah.
    Right, I see. Well, it's hard to argue with that: if they committed a crime, then clearly 'guilty' is the right word to use.

Very likely, in this case, I agree. However, in my opinion, it quacks, so pardon me if I fail to see any altruistic motive on the part of these folks. I think it would be asking for belief to be stretched beyond reasonableness to assert that surname was not a primary search criteria, considering that most, if not all, names on the list are Latino.

ETA: Hmm, I see now that Hispanic residents are beginning to contact local authorities as they find that their names are on the list. It should be interesting to see how this all washes out as it seems a number of the victims of this racist assault may actually be US citizens. Imagine that.
    Again, it depends on how they assembled the list. It doesn't make much sense to me for them to have taken, say, the phone book, and listed all the Hispanic names they see there. I imagine they started with some source more likely to yield illegal aliens -- a government social services agency or a private one. If the former, we have the spectre of criminal violation.

Laudenum

I see nothing wrong with concerned citizens reporting illegals to the relevant authorities, no more than I would have a problem with a person who reported that their neighbour was a law-breaker.

It is the duty of every good citizen to report illegals and other lawbreakers, and not turn a blind eye to their activities.

Skeleton10

Quote Originally Posted by Attack from the 3rd dimension View Post
    These kids, and their damn drug slang and ghetto talk. This must be something to do with that sharia law I keep hearing about.
    Actually that's a quote from long before the bong, it pertains to inbreading, and I guess he does fit my assessment of him, he said yes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information