Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Labrador Deceiver

Woman calls police. They brutalize and arrest her.

Quote Originally Posted by MTCicero View Post
    Oh, and they've bidden me to tell you to bend over more, as they can't penetrate with the shaft's full length and girth.
    I'm not defending the cops, you dumb fucking cow. I was defending Dewey against accusations that he was on the cops' side. He wasn't. I pointed that out.

Could you be any worse at reading comprehension?

Kobal2

Quote Originally Posted by Sage Rat View Post
    harmless pain
    That's an oxymoron.
    But I've already elaborated enough on the problem with tasers in the recent GD thread, so let's leave it at that and agree to [del]call the other an idiot behind his back[/del] disagree.

billfish678

Quote Originally Posted by Freudian Slit View Post
    I thought tazing was meant to be equivalent to deadly force, like a gun. If you wouldn't shoot someone for resisting arrest, especially when they haven't even shown themselves to be dangerous, why would you taze them?

It's not like we're talking about a dangerous criminal who's resisting arrest. This is someone who's either an innocent person calling about a prowler or someone who may have lied but who is still a domestic abuse victim. She hasn't harmed anyone. She isn't about to. It sounds like running away was out of fear. And frankly, considering their reaction, it doesn't sound like this fear was unwarranted.
    Yes, you can certainly argue whether tazer equals gun and when either should or should not be used. But currently, tazing is generally considered an option that ranks more with strong arming and pepper spray than with shooting people (though this obviously varies by region/department).

But when she ran and resisted it was time for physical force. And she caused it.

And of course, a good video could still make the difference as there is resisting and there is resisting if you know what I mean.

Don't RESIST people. Its not that complicated.

gonzomax

[QUOTE=Sage Rat;12723533]A first scan for cites:

[url=http://www.fbi.gov/publications/leb/2005/mar05leb.pdf][quote=PDF]In the Orange County Sheriff

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Although the first cop's car might not have been in a good position for the dash cam, what about the microphone? Couldn't we at least get an audio recording of what went down with the first cop before the second cop arrived? That might give us a clearer picture of what happened.

alice_in_wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Snowboarder Bo View Post
    This is exactly how the American public wants tasers to be used.
    By idiot, slap-happy cops who wind up fired or forced to resign for fucking up?

I'm not American, I've never been to Georgia, but I really can't accept that people there want an innocent citizen tortured by twats like the ones in the OP.

God, I don't know this woman, I've never met her nor will I, I generally can't come up with much more than a 'meh' when it comes to RO threads and I have to say I'm completely disgusted.

I hope she sues and I hope she gets a very hearty payout.

tumbleddown

Quote Originally Posted by astro View Post
    Remember the context that there is huge push via various laws that the police must follow in scenarios where the might even be a hint of domestic violence to identify and separate the participants. This legislation was drafted to prevent domestic violence and the police are responsible for enforcing these laws which they take very seriously.
    That's where the cops' story falls apart, IMO. If they honestly believed that this was a domestic violence situation: Why did they allow the presumptive suspect (the male friend) to leave the scene? Even if they had his address (or what he said was his address, clearly they didn't ask for ID of any sort) if they honestly believed for a moment that there was a chance in hell that there was domestic violence or some sort of a threat, or trespassing or anything else, whether he was the husband, the secret lover or the paperboy, then he should not have been allowed to just get into his car and drive off. I firmly doubt that they believed him guilty of anything.

That they did let him leave without getting his name puts paid to the entire story that they thought he might've perpetrated any crime, and basically, it seems pretty clear that they were using the threat of arrest to cover up their blunder in not getting the man's name.

But her unwillingness to fix their error for them did not and could not justify an arrest to begin with. You have to identify yourself when police have a lawful reason to be interacting with you. But there is no law compelling anyone to give the police the name of another person. There's no law compelling anyone to give a witness statement, whether they're a bystander or the alleged/potential victim. Police can order you to do things, they cannot order you to talk.

So justify tasering her because she ran/resisted arrest until you're blue in the face, but there was no reason for an arrest to start with.

Hal Briston

Quote Originally Posted by Labrador Deceiver View Post
    I'm not defending the cops, you dumb fucking cow. I was defending Dewey against accusations that he was on the cops' side. He wasn't. I pointed that out.

Could you be any worse at reading comprehension?
    Don't bother -- this is his "I'm fucking useless to the discussion" topic.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Even if she is lying, and the cop knows she is lying, there is no justification for tasering. That's essentially using torture to get information out of her.

Wow, I even put a disclaimer at the bottom of that post.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

At least they were able to use the dash cam against the officers.

While listening to Talk of the Nation a week or two ago about laws making it illegal to record cops (Link) the guest mentioned an incident in Prince George's County where a journalist was mistreated by cops. There were seven police cars which all had malfunctioning dash cams.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information