Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Zeriel

Fallujah children's 'genetic damage'

"Pearls" of foolishness
    rain from Zanthor's keyboard -- ping!
    striking like spring rain.

Okay, so formally, a Haiku requires three things, in order of importance:
    1) a seasonal metaphor
    2) a cut--where things change with a distinct flair
    3) the syllable 5-7-5 thing.

My haiku above is the best one in the thread so far. See, his posts are like spring rain--mostly inconsequential and of little weight.

The ping! is the sound of a raindrop on concrete. Or a DU round magically giving a fetus leprosy, I forget which.

Seriously, is there some way we can just all agree that we'll ridicule rather than respond to anyone who comes here like Zanthor or lurking guest and just posts ill-formatted idiocy? That Zen thing was particularly funny, since I'm an actual goddamn Zen Buddhist and I have never seen the word "sennyu" or the concept described in my ten years of being one.

OP: If you come back with a coherent paragraph that's not riddled with bad grammar, I might even condescend to addressing your actual point. Granted, it'll be with a request for cites as to the causes of birth defects increasing, and how they relate to known or possible methods of warmaking by either the Iraqi army or the United States.

Food for thought--the Iraqis have used chemical warfare indiscriminately a lot more often than the US has during history. That's my pet theory. There's just no evidence (despite testing) that DU rounds cause anything other than kidney damage, and white phosphorous (while horrific) doesn't cause anything but severe and deadly burns. ...Damn, it's addicting to set the facts out, even when not two paragraphs ago I decried such as futile.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthor View Post
    What have i done to try build up other souls????,
    i think nothing else is as important to me as this, i have done little else but try to cause self awareness. EG.
    And how do you think that's worked for you so far? Do you think you've convinced anyone of the correctness of your concerns? Do you think hostility and incoherence is helping change people's minds?

John Mace

I'm reading this thread, as I often do, from the bottom up. And in that case, I often read a post w/o seeing who the poster is. Funny thing is, I read certain posts thinking they're parodies of Zanthor's posting style, but they turn out to be actual posts by Zan The Man himself!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information