Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Probation Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Really Fedex, Would It Have Killed You To Deliver It A Day Early?

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Luna
    Except when they lie about having actually rung the doorbell. My sister had this happen when she was getting married - she was unemployed and home all day, and her buzzer was loud enough to wake the dead. And yet on numerous occasions, she would go downstairs at the end of the day and find UPS "Delivery Attempted" slips. They actually almost sent the bridesmaid dresses back to the manufacturer because UPS said they had "attempted delivery" three times, which was a big fat lie. I ended up having to drive 20 miles to the depot to pick up the damn dresses myself.
    I would have a big (temporary) sign on my door: HEY, UPS!! I AM INSIDE ALL DAY, AND I HAVE A LOUD FREAKING BUZZER, SO DO _NOT_ JUST LEAVE A SLIP SAYING YOU RANG THE BELL, RING THE BELL AND I WILL BE RIGHT DOWN. thankyousomuch.

Quote Originally Posted by woodstockbirdybird
    As someone who's sent hundreds of packages out via Fedex a day (though I haven't actually worked for them), I can tell you that a lot of times Fedex has gotten complaints about delivering things early (getting it there in 2 days rather than the 3 paid for, etc.) - many times someone will choose 3 day specifically because they know the recipient won't be at the address until 3 days later (business travelers or people on vacation and such), and if it's left at the door or the recipient comes home to a call tag, they freak out.
    Or, for legal purposes, you want to give your opponent the legally required notice to do something, but you don't want to give them one second more than they are entitled to, so you want the papers delivered on a specific day -- maybe as late as possible on that day -- but sure as hell not early.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If I can see any service problem here on FedEx's part, they need to change their tracking database.

Instead of saying something blunt like "delivery not scheduled today" it should say something friendlier.

"Truck is full" comes to mind, or "early delivery could not be attempted."

Gatopescado

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: FedEx sucks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by EJsGirl
    UPS rules.
    UPS sucks flaming donkey cocks. There is no power on Earth that could compel me to do business with UPS. If I were on death's door and the only option to save my life was to have a vaccine delivered by UPS I'd happily die rather than putting another dime in their pockets. UPS is the incarnation of evil.

Moirai

Ah- my mileage has obviously varied.

From the info in the OP, it looks like the package was loaded into a truck for delivery a day early, someone noticed, and took it back off the truck. Yes?

drachillix

Quote Originally Posted by Otto
    UPS sucks flaming donkey cocks. There is no power on Earth that could compel me to do business with UPS. If I were on death's door and the only option to save my life was to have a vaccine delivered by UPS I'd happily die rather than putting another dime in their pockets. UPS is the incarnation of evil.
    Yet when I place my parts orders. ups regular ground shipping 95% of them show up the next day.

Wholesaler is about 200mi away.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by drachillix
    Yet when I place my parts orders. ups regular ground shipping 95% of them show up the next day.
    I understand that they give priority to the minions of Satan.

Tamex

Quote Originally Posted by AudreyK
    Sounds to me like the normal prioritizing that goes on at any high-volume, deadline-driven company. I do it all the time.

While I'm sure our clients would love for us to deliver work early, we have more than enough work to keep us busy all day. We have other clients, and hundreds of other projects to deliver every day. And I can assure you that we could start delivering early as a courtesy, but after a while it would become expected, and we'd be screwed. It would totally defeat the point of putting a deadline on our services.

Between that, and us being exhausted at the end of each day, the fact we routinely put in 9-10+ hour days, and management's desire to keep overtime work at a minimum, we're not going to push to get things out the door early without very good reason.
    Exactly. That's the way our company does it, too. If there are things that are on-time or late to work on, anything that's early can wait.

Even if we happen to get something done early, we hold it until it is on time. (Sometimes customers say they want something as soon as we've finished it, in which case we do send right away, but usually, they want it on a certain date or within a range of dates.) We've accidentally sent things early before (stupid new software still has bugs, apparently--we thought we were on time) and our customers have sent them back because they do not want things early! That is the way of the business world, and FedEx does primarily deliver to businesses.

FedEx put it on the truck in case they got around to delivering your package, but other things came up and since your package wasn't due until tomorrow, other things got priority.

Moirai

Quote Originally Posted by Tamex
    FedEx put it on the truck in case they got around to delivering your package, but other things came up and since your package wasn't due until tomorrow, other things got priority.
    I don't think so- it was only on the truck for a maximum of 45 minutes... but maybe.

DesertDog

Quote Originally Posted by Otto
    Funny, I was going to say the same thing about FedEx. The UPS drivers have all figured out that the 'real' entrance to the house is on the west side, where the driveway and kitchen door are (where I can hear them), not the north side where the locked gate saying 'Beware of Dog' and mailbox are.

The FedEx drivers can't seem to find the house at all. I keep getting notices -- in the mail -- that they need directions to the house. I just go down to their depot to pick the package up; easier all around.

YMMV

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information