Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Really Fedex, Would It Have Killed You To Deliver It A Day Early?

Not much of a pitting but it just annoyed the hell out of me.

I sent off a package via FedEx Tuesday. I would have liked to send it overnight but didn't want to pay the cost. While I was inquiring about the price difference between two day and three day deliver at the counter the FedEx guy told me to just send it three day. The destination was close enough that it would get there late the next day and on the truck for delivery the following day. So I check on the package's whereabouts just now hoping it was already delivered and signed for and what do I find?

PHP Code:
    Aug 212008 9:36 AM At local FedEx facility HAMPTONVA
    :36 AM At local FedEx facility HAMPTONVA Package not due for delivery
    :15 AM On FedEx vehicle for    HAMPTONVA 
                          delivery   
    :55 AM At local FedEx facility HAMPTONVA      
    :20 AM At dest sort facility   NORFOLKVA      

Aug 19
    2008  7:15 PM Left FedEx origin facility TAMPAFL      
    :17 PM Picked up                  TAMPAFL 
    So it seems the package did indeed get there in time for delivery today. Not only that but it was put on the truck for delivery today but because I didn't pay for delivery today it was left on the truck and taken back to the FedEx facility to stay there overnight so that it can be delivered tomorrow. Would it have fucking killed you to just deliver it today?

Hampshire

That's lame.
    At least with the Post Office I can pick their cheapest/slowest service that says 5-7 days, send it one state over, and it'll get there in 2 days.

levdrakon

I've had that happen too. It's bullshit. If you pay for three day that's the maximum you should wait, not the minimum. It's bad business for customers to be able to see online that their package arrived in their city within 24 hours and was purposely left to sit for two days, and then get delivered laaaate the third day.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You didn't get a service that you didn't pay for? Wow, sucks to be you.

While I have no personal knowledge of FedEx's route-planning strategy, I know that Sears for example very carefully plans its repair schedules and routes to maximize the time that technicians are working and minimize the time driving between jobs. I imagine that FedEx does something similar. So while it wouldn't have killed anyone to deliver your package a day early, it would have disrupted the driver's schedule to do so.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Otto

While I have no personal knowledge of FedEx's route-planning strategy, I know that Sears for example very carefully plans its repair schedules and routes to maximize the time that technicians are working and minimize the time driving between jobs. I imagine that FedEx does something similar. So while it wouldn't have killed anyone to deliver your package a day early, it would have disrupted the driver's schedule to do so.
    Well, you're a bit of an ass aren't you?

Like I said, it just really annoyed me that the package actually made on to the truck but not delivered. As long as it gets there by tomorrow my annoyance level will rise no more.

levdrakon

Quote Originally Posted by Otto
    Sorry, don't agree. The USPS will tell you how long it could take, not how long they'll make sure it takes.

I've had regular first class mail make it cross-country in 24 hours. That makes me a surprised, but happy return customer.

MovingTarget

Ok, my ex SIL used to work for FedEx so I think I can field this one with at least a little knowledge. First off, the drivers have a limited time they can actually spend driving around delivering packages. If they don't get all the stuff on the truck delivered by the time their shift is over, it goes back to the warehouse. Every package and address is logged into a computer and a route is then deteremined for them to take. Your package would have been at the end of the route since it had a delivery date of the next day. So think of it this way, by delaying the delivery of your package back to the day when it was actually due to be delivered, that means that someone else actually got their package when it was supposed to be delivered, or hopefully soon afterwards. And FWIW, I'm sure that if they had the time to drop it off on their shift, they would have.

MT

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by levdrakon
    Sorry, don't agree. The USPS will tell you how long it could take, not how long they'll make sure it takes.
    But we're talking about FedEx here, and a FedEx customer who paid for three-day delivery. The package was delivered in three days. The customer, in other words, got exactly what s/he paid for. If s/he'd wanted it delivered in two days, s/he could've paid for two-day delivery.

Moirai

I placed an order for a t-shirt yesterday, and even though it was being sent from less than 100 miles away, I asked for UPS Blue (2nd day air) because 2nd day and overnight orders are pulled from the warehouse first (standard shipping items might not get pulled for two or three days), and I wanted it here by Saturday afternoon, if possible.

It arrived today, no extra charge. UPS rules.

Vinyl Turnip

Quote Originally Posted by Amp
    Well, you're a bit of an ass aren't you?
    I'm looking into my crystal ball... conjuring Otto... slowly coming into focus... I see... yes, an angry little man in a cube! And on his desk... something framed... a slogan... I can barely make it out... "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." I sense so much bottled rage... so much hatred of bureacracy... and yet so much love... wait, now it's fading...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information