Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Half Man Half Wit

Give it up LIB ER AL s

Quote Originally Posted by lurking guest View Post
    Well aren't you just the arbiter of coherency and 'Teabaggerness' ...

Can't you THINK?
    We can (well, most of us, at least), however, we don't think quite the same way you do. The problem is that to you, the words you write are imbued with lots and lots of additional information -- meanings, associations, memories etc. --, while to the rest of us, they're just the bare words. You try to convey the subtext you sense or feel using various means of conveying emphasis, an impact that to you, the words have, but to us, they lack: capitalization, ellipses, unconventional structuring; all those extra-textual elements you apply to try and convey some meaning the bare words themselves don't include. However, it evidently doesn't work too well; but the problem isn't that we do a poor job at decoding your messages, it's that you fail to translate the inner, subjective richness your arguments have to you into an objectively communicable form. It's like with Louis Wain: where the rest of the world just saw a couple of plain old cats, he saw this; where you see a cogent argument, we see this.

The thing is that, objectively, Wain's cats just were plain old ones; and similarly, your argument may not have objectively communicable content -- and in its present form, it is impossible for us to judge whether or not it does.

So, if you want us to discuss your position, you need to make an effort to get across everything you wish to express without feeling the need to tack on extra structure to communicate hidden subtexts, which is impossible for us to accurately decipher; put everything in plain text, and if you are satisfied that it includes everything you wish to communicate, if you don't feel the need to add on any extraneous formatting, capitalization, ellipses and the like, then try submitting it for discussion.

Rigamarole

Give it up LIB ER AL s

Can't you respond to a political question (search, dear heart) BEFORE you relish trashing the questioner?

Answer the substance of my post FIRST - and then trash me, if you must.
    There is neither a question nor substance in your post. Whatsoever. All I see (and anyone else sees, if you would at least try to comprehend all the replies you are getting) is a long scrawl of insane, incoherent ramblings with no logic, reason, data, or rationality whatsoever. You'll find this is a board for people who respect those things. It is not the place for you. The place for you has thick, padded walls and lots of medicine.

Kevbo

Give it up LIB ER AL s

I agree. It makes it very hard to follow when....The OP fails to use complete....and then there is the distraction of...

SanVito

Give it up LIB ER AL s

The People of the world have more in common with one another than the privileged "TOP" ten percent of the world.

No matter the geographical area, the Government, the Economic philosophy or your own Political leanings.

Now what?
    I've got it! Communism!

Anytime. I'm here all day.

Pullet

Give it up LIB ER AL s

Quote Originally Posted by Half Man Half Wit View Post
    Well aren't you just the arbiter of coherency and 'Teabaggerness' ...

Can't you THINK?
    We can (well, most of us, at least), however, we don't think quite the same way you do. The problem is that to you, the words you write are imbued with lots and lots of additional information -- meanings, associations, memories etc. --, while to the rest of us, they're just the bare words. [snip] where you see a cogent argument, we see this.
    Are we sure that Lurking Guest and the creator of that link aren't the same person?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Give it up LIB ER AL s

Quote Originally Posted by zoid View Post

So once again, you have posted a bunch of incoherent nonsense and when you are called on by every subsequent poster you blame everyone else for their inability to decode your gibberish.
    Ha....his post didn't even qualify as gibberish.

Give it up LIB ER AL s

Quote Originally Posted by Chefguy View Post
    Have you tried out for the role of Don Quixote in your local theater group?
    They told me no audition was needed.

The Other Waldo Pepper

Give it up LIB ER AL s

WHAT SHALL WE DO??

The People of the world have more in common with one another than the privileged "TOP" ten percent of the world.

No matter the geographical area, the Government, the Economic philosophy or your own Political leanings.

Now what?
    Well, thanks to your previous thread I learned I'm in the top ten percent of the world -- so I guess I'll just keep on keeping on.

asterion

Give it up LIB ER AL s

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Ekers View Post
    Can I be the arbiter of the Canadian way?
    How would the world have been different if Kal-El had landed in Alberta?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Give it up LIB ER AL s

On a note possibly related to the OP, today is National Tequila Day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information