Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    GIGObuster

Stupid Republican idea of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    Why should he write a correction?
    As you seem to be logically challenged, I have to say that he needed to make a correction since you still thought that his points from the past before the trials and inquiries are still valid. (Time lines are deadly for many right wingers still...)
    And besides, denials and lack of forensic evidence does not innocence make, as we all found out once the existence of a certain blue dress finally came to light.
    It was Kenneth Star's fishing expedition that found the dress, Kenneth Star himself had to say later that there was nothing to be found regarding the Foster's papers or his death.

The "blue dress" of the Vince Foster papers failed to show up after several investigations. After the verdict of the courts, it is only deluded beings the ones that keep on trying to make something out of that incident.

Really Not All That Bright

The expressions on the faces of the other two hosts are priceless.

The Balanced Bastards?

Equipoise

Call in the allies! Break out the rationing coupons! Start booking the Squirrel Nut Zippers!

WORLD WAR III IS COMING!

Texas Sen. John Cornyn is threatening “World War III” if Democrats try to seat Al Franken in the Senate before Norm Coleman can pursue his case through the federal courts.

Cornyn, the chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, acknowledges that a federal challenge to November’s elections could take “years” to resolve. But he’s adamant that Coleman deserves that chance — even if it means Minnesota is short a senator for the duration.

A three-judge panel is expected to rule any day now on legal challenges to the November election.

Sen. Charles Schumer, the New York Democrat in charge of the Senate Rules and Administration Committee, says that Minnesota gets its second senator as soon as the state case ends.
    Boy, I'm getting the vague idea that Republicans really do not want Franken in the Senate, do they? If a Democrat were this obstructionist you'd hear the screaming of Republicans all the way to Mars.

This happened yesterday but it qualifies:

Michael Steel to Obama: "I'm done" [reaching out to you]

Transcript from CNN interview:

STEELE: Look, I like the president personally, even though I think he has got a little thing about me, that I haven't quite figured out what that is.

CNN: You haven't spoken to him?
    STEELE: No.

CNN: You've reach out?
    STEELE: Several times, and I'm done.

CNN: So there is no bipartisanship going on there?
    STEELE: Not, not that I know of.

CNN: Is there any professional jealousy?
    STEELE: Not on my part. What would I be jealous of?

CNN: He's the president of the United States.
    STEELE: I'm chairman of the RNC, so, what's your point? We both have leadership responsibilities and roles. I'm not equating the two. My point is: you are on your track. I'm on my track. You do your thing. I do my thing.
    Like President Obama gives a shit what Steele thinks. Who does this twerp think he is? Is he taking cues from Howard Dean and Bush's close, bi-partisan relationship when Dean headed the DNC?

Voyager

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post

But really, we are getting two different types of government conflated here. There is legislative government and there is administrative government. Administrative government is where my main gripe is concerned when it comes to governemnt health care, and administrative government where we have the least control when it comes to the voting booth. And administrative government is where the decisions would get made that directly impact our health care and what we are allowed to have.
    Legislative government might be beholding to us at the voting booth every few years, but most of the time they are beholden to the lobbyists with the checks. Or, if they are Republicans, to Rush.
    Why would someone in adminstrative government randomly refuse someone? Unlike someone in business, their loyalty is to the taxpayers, and their bosses, not to the stockholders. Sure, some are incompetent, but that is not exclusive to government. If some burger jock at Mickey D's gets your order wrong, that is not an indictment of capitalism.
    If some bureaucrat is being truly obnoxious, you have the option of going to your local legislator to complain - and no doubt the problem will get fixed in no time. Try that in business.

BTW, I had to renew my drivers license yesterday, facing the awful MVB bureaucrats in understaffed California. This involved an eye test, a new photo, and a thumbprint. I was in and out of there in under 20 minutes. When I'm stuck going to Lucky's, I spend more time than that in the checkout line. Not only was the system set up efficiently, there was a guy who asked who was waiting for a license renewal and gave us our eye test while we were waiting for a clerk to open up. Awesomely efficient.

spooje

[quote]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why would a Democratic President even bother talking to the chair of the RNC? He's nobody as far as the structure of the government is concerned. He doesn't represent any population at all, he's not in Congress. There's no REASON for Obama to give him the time of day.

Captain Carrot

Quote Originally Posted by Bosstone View Post
    It's probably worth noting that Carrot accidentally left out a word. I doubt it was deliberate, since you can't C&P the twitter part from the front page of Hoekstra's blog.

"Iranian twitter activity similar to what we did in House last year when Republicans were shut out in the House"

Puts a bit of a different spin on the statement. Juuuust a tad.
    You know, I really don't think it makes much of a difference.

So that's why they had all those gay book titles pulled from Amazon listings.

BrightNShiny

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Batty View Post
    I think what you've got hold of there is what is commonly referred to as "a joke". Admittedly, one in bad taste, but I don't think he was claiming that Sgt. Rock would literally pop a cap in Nancy Pelosi.
    Like how the conservatives were so quick to give a generous reading to Kerry's joke about Bush getting stuck in Iraq? I don't see any reason to give a generous reading to these statements.

We'll have to agree to disagree, I guess.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information