Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 100 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Algher

Stupid Republican idea of the day

If I thought they were being legit (which I do NOT):
    1) Fight to keep the nepotism laws in effect
    2) Reaction to Hillary's secret health care committee

In reality, it is partisan politics - but there is an argument that if the First Lady is going to be involved in running things, there should be some types of controls in place.

Equipoise

Holy shit, that's pretty stupid! Love that "We marry other species" bit. What other species would that be, Brian? Who is he talking about? You'd think those couples would be interviewed on Jerry Springer, at least.

BrightNShiny

Quote Originally Posted by Really Not All That Bright View Post
    You know that story cites a Democratic Representative who was offended by it, right?
    Unfortunately, Dumbocrat politicians often follow the lead of stupid right-wingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve G1
    Why didn't the report simply say everyone is a potential terrorist? If (and I said IF) this report was so poorly researched and written, then it was useless.

Hmmmm. I'm a white, Catholic veteran. Should I start hiring henchmen, building a secret lair and work on my super villain evil laugh or is it too soon?
    I can't tell from the article, but it looks like that's from a glossary of terms.

Squink

Quote Originally Posted by elucidator View Post
    So, this whole Vince Foster diversion into nowheresville....is this the stupid idea for Friday, or Saturday?
    Let's run it through 'a dynamic, forward-looking organization that will amplify the common-sense and wisdom of our fellow citizens through a grassroots dialogue with Republican leaders', and see what pops out the other end.
    Surely the National Council for a New America will save us all.

Rhythmdvl

No no no... yer all ignorant and failed tenth grade English. It was clearly a reference to Moby Dick. She was clearly saying that the party needs is a strong, dedicated leader in pure pursuit of an ideal--who has hope--in capturing and subjugating the behemoth-like evil that exists in the world (the whale). That leader should stick to his or her principles, heedless of the waves and storms of tumultuous dissent that would lead the leader astray. She is Ishmael. Bacchman is her Queequeg. They are in search of an Ahab.

Will Palin answer the call?

Oy!

Apparently Congressman Joe Wilson (R-SC) was the one who shouted out "You lie" during the president's speech.

Captain Carrot

I didn't have to read Moby Dick sophomore year. Since we were doing world literature then, that's not surprising.

Lobohan

I have more stupid republicans to post. They don't really have any ideas as such...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKg...layer_embedded

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

He is, unfortunately, one of ours, but I think Zell Miller's philosophy is closer to the Republicans, so...

Obama Needs "Gorilla Glue" Says Zell Miller

Former U.S. Sen. Zell Miller criticized President Barack Obama's recent travels overseas, telling a group of mostly Republican lawmakers Thursday that the White House Chief of Staff needs to put "Gorilla Glue" on Obama's chair to keep him in the Oval Office.

"Our globe-trotting president needs to stop and take a break and quit gallivanting around," said Miller, a Democrat well known for zinging his own party.
    I'm one of the few over on Daily Kos who apparently aren't seeing this as a racist thing, even if it is, regardless, stupid. Gorilla Glue is a brand name of a fairly popular and reputedly very strong glue. I don't necessarily think it's a racist dogwhistle. Also, "globetrotting" meant something before the exhibition basketball team was organized. It doesn't necessarily refer to the Harlem Globetrotters.

However, I'm very much in the minority over at DKos. Does this senile rant by Miller necessarily HAVE to be interpreted racially?

elucidator

Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    ...So I guess I'm gonna have to retract that 'men of good character' part where you're concerned...
    Bereft. Despondent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information