Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    strawberrypie

The Medical Health Thread #2

I was never the kind of person to psychosomatize problems, and I've had anxiety pretty much my whole life, but I think I'm starting to now. I've been getting these weird aches in my body, mostly my bones, and I've been to the doctor a few times, taken X rays and he says everything looks fine, that it must be just tension and whatnot. :sigh:

Lemurian

Despite what your doctor says, there's always a way to do something about a problem like this. And the best place to begin is with natural methods.

What are you drinking besides cranberry juice?

Try drinking water only for a few days. Tea and coffee both contain caffeine, and caffeine has a tendency to cause dehydration. One thing that can aggravate a tendency to UTIs is not being sufficiently hydrated.

You also need to monitor how much water you're drinking. Keep sipping all day long to keep your urinary tract moving along. Drinking too much water is not healthy but so is drinking too little--6 to 8 8-oz servings a day is about right for most adults.

Also, how much sugary stuff do you consume on a regular basis? An intake of too much sugar can aggravate candida-type mold issues in the body, and one of the ways that can manifest is with UTIs.

You might also want to try getting cranberry capsules at your local pharmacy or health food store. It's more concentrated that the beverage (it's also less sugar and less calories ).

And you might also want to look into information about your sexual health and so forth. There are some habits that can aggravatre UTIs.

*Kaylee*

Falling down the stairs while leaving a concert.

Daph

something's weird with my throath... it's been hurting for a few weeks, but nothing too bad, and on and off. But now, it's kinda located at the back, on the left and it's like a stinging sensation. I haven't talked all day, hoping that it will help and that it will get better. But I teach, so tomorrow, I'll have to talk loudly... I don't know what to do and what's going on...

Lemurian

:hug: Yeah, that's definitely what they feel like. And it's awful. Perhaps you were dreaming about something that has been stressing you and that could have caused the panic attack.

I hope that you're feeling better today.

Rainstorm Jenny

Thanks girls, and Lem yes I am having them, every now and then, but for the past couple of days they were pretty bad. I almost went to the ER but I knew what they were since I have read about them online, They are gone for now but when I was going through them at the time I was very jittery, my heart was racing than slowing down, I had hot flashes than cold chills, and I felt paranoid and couldnt control how I was breathing. It scared me since it happened when I was sleeping at night and woke me up.

Kyls

You could try fish oil. (capsules) I've heard that can help with anxiety.

MBfan19

It's kind of scary when you think about it because I have a minor cold and I haven't gone to the doctor yet. My parents told me I should go even if it's not that bad.

Lemurian

Antibiotics can sometimes react badly to other medications, especially cough medications that may contain alcohol.

And there is at least one antibiotic (can't think of the name of it) that can cause extreme stomach distress if you take it with any carbonated beverage.

Roally

Hi, I have continous headaches, my doctor hasn't asked for a scan nor any other test but she prescribed me Topiramate (Topamax) I have read about it in the internet and I must admit it is kind of intimidating. Have any of you heard about it or used it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information