Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    comexxx
    comexxx
's Avatar

How to: Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS Jailbroken with Spirit [PwnageTool or Sn0wbreez

All those who have completed the jailbreak your device with Spirit are well aware that to update and unlock the latest firmware for the iPhone 3Gs are involved lengthy and complex procedures. It has recently created a patch that can "despiritare" allowing the device to retry the jailbreak with PwnageTool or Sn0wbreeze.
    Follow the complete guide to do this.

you must have :

IPhone 3Gs (ONLY iBoot old ) firmware 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 must Jailbreaked with Spirit ITunes 9.2Steps:
    Step 1: After you got an iPhone 3GS Jailbroken on 3.1.3 with Spirit, navigate to Cydia and touch on "Manage" tab then on "Source" as in the screenshot

Step 2: Now press on "Edit" then "Add", after a window appears, Write "iWOOWIZ Repo" and press on "Add Source" as shown

Step 3: Now after adding the Source, Search for "Spirit2Pwn" and install this app.

We finished. Now your device is ready to update to iOS 4 and now you can Jailbreak it with any og jailbreaking tools like PwnageTool and Sn0wBreeze.

frooze_angel
    frooze_angel
's Avatar

How to: Jailbreak iOS 4 on iPhone 3GS Jailbroken with Spirit [PwnageTool or Sn0wbreez

not working in new boot bro...

Johnessen
    Johnessen
's Avatar

[QUOTE=frooze_angel;6038378]not working in new boot bro...

Read his post again and more carefully. He already mentioned that the solution is for old boot only. I don

cladehichem1
    cladehichem1
's Avatar

thx a lot working old boot only

hairyeyeball
    hairyeyeball
's Avatar

Ermmm..... i was a tad intoxicated earlier and tried this not realizing that this was for OLD boot.... my phone is NEW boot!!!!

Now the problem i am now faced with is my phone seems to have gone into DFU and I cant get it out of it!!!

Can anyone help me out cos Im stuck!!! I dont know how to restore to 3.1.3 so tried clicking on restore and install 4.0 but i get error 28?

My phone is 3.1.3 with spirit JB and new bootrom I also have shsh for 3.1.3 stored on cydia

Thanks in advance for any info/advice...
    Trev

frooze_angel
    frooze_angel
's Avatar

Same here but i did it myn. Simple upgrade to ios 4 original ipsw. It will took a minute before response. Make sure your host fike is not edited or remove the apple ip add.

hairyeyeball
    hairyeyeball
's Avatar

I tried that but i get arror 28?!?!?! my host file hasnt changed either... i dont know what I should put on it so havent tried that yet...

gfxunlock
    gfxunlock
's Avatar

not working, iPhone stuck in DFU mode.
    Wont restore to custom ipsw, error 1600. Good job we had shsh's on file or would have had to restore to official 4.0.1 ipsw.

AVOID THIS IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR JAILBRAKE!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information